Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Tip Braces

Rob325114

Spa-Francorchamps
Does anyone know if you can buy the braces that sit between the exhaust tips and the fixed exhaust pipe on a 997.1s?

I removed my tips for a proper clean and one of the braces has the start of crack. The tips themselves are fine, it's just the thin ring of metal that sits inbetween. Cheers, Rob

theres a thread about it somewhere, somebody was going to machine some but i dont think it happened, or i think dansk may sell them. But no simple or cheap solution. You can sometimes geta way with reusing them as once nipped up they still work but it depends how many pieces they are broken into?

Cant get them, i tried!!! Your alternative is to buy a cheap pair of pipe trims with thiem on !! I kmow its stupid but this is porsche, luckily imgot hold of a pair of gen 2 pipes almost new for £100.

Goodluck!l

J

What exhaust do you have? I've got a set of pse tips in good nick :)

Very much unsurprised by the responses here; much what I expected. Luckily it's just a small hairline crack, so it's still doing its job. I'm just a bit of a perfectionist, hence now I know it's there I need to sort it out!

What's the part called? Is it just an exhaust tip brace? It's just a circular strip of metal - so perhaps a similar shape exhaust for a purpose other than sitting on a bit of the exhaust.

It's effectively a jubilee clip, could you not get a garage to weld on a new one bought from the likes of Halfords etc?

This is a common problem which arises when you take the tips off, happened on my 997 and now again on my 991.

I'm leaning toward using this as an excuse for some shiny new tips :p

Solution found. Breakers yard near me has 2 997 exhaust tips with rings in tact. They're non-matching tips (perhaps gen 1 and gen 2, or aftermarket?!) but the rings are the same size.

It's a pricey solution for two bits of circular metal - but breaker yard is cheaper than eBay, and hopefully someone has a need for exhaust tips, sans spacer rings :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrellS
Back