Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust tip olives (997.1 C4S)

LeopoldStotch

Silverstone
I saw a couple of historic posts on this topic on here from a couple of years back, but did anyone track down a supplier for the olives that go between the exhaust pipe and the exhaust tip?

I've taken the tips off to get the cerakoted, and the olives were practically dust when I removed them. But I can't find replacements (or replacement bolts for the tip fixings) anywhere.

Attachments

• img_6939_1_114.jpg
    img_6939_1_114.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 911
Mine (997.1 C4s) need a slight adjustment and I asked Hartech to do it while they had the exhaust off for my rebuild / oversize. Their advice was to leave well alone as if the fixings break / crumble the only option is buy new tailpipes and they cost a fortune.

None of which helps you but may explain why you are struggling to find the parts.

Hopefully someone has found an alternative somewhere....

Maybe of no use but ever time I've seen this posted the answers always come back with sawn off jubilee clip
I've not had this happen yet myself though

about £65 ish for there pair.... F1nn on here or eBay, not sure if he still has any.

I have dug up a number of old threads about these, seems to crop up every now and again.

Ive been in need of these after removing my tips and then finding that the part doesn't exist on its own.

I'm looking at making a batch off these that will be on ebay and will look to offer a discount to forum members... someone tell me if I need to take correct routes to offer this!

Jbish said:
I'm looking at making a batch off these that will be on ebay and will look to offer a discount to forum members... someone tell me if I need to take correct routes to offer this!

As long as you create an advert on here, doing your dealings by pm, and don't just put a link to ebay you'll be ok.

Hi, Did anyone manage to find a source of or good replacement for the olives please? Took the old exhaust tips off my 991.1 today to replace them but one of the olives broke in the process. Trying to see if I can get it repaired, but looking at other options too, just in case.

I got my old, rusted and split olives cobbled together to the point where I could take some reliable measurements and had a design spec drawn up and a few of them made by a local fabrication company for my own use.

I gave my leftovers to the independent garage I use (D&G Porsche in Newcastle).

The ones I made were for a 997.1 C4S. Not sure if they are the same olive sizes for every generation or every model.

Definitely the same for 991.1
In the end, I used them in their broken state, it was actually easier to get them on that way tbh. Was a right faff either way and a bad design, but job done. Hopefully they are tightened enough..

Did you guys see my post in the other thread, with a link to some copper olive rings? I think these look like a good solution.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back