Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where's the Porsche Boxster Crew?

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Fellows on 23 February 2006

I'm wondering if he knows they do 911 cabs :eek:
Ahem - I wont have a bad word said about them

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46600

But he does make exceedingly good cakes!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46604

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 23 February 2006

Your not related to that other chap we had on here last night are you, his name was yea.

You sound so much like the Blair generation, how it looks is what matters, not how it is.

Sad for you, I suggest you read a bit of kippling, (Ruddyard that is not Mr).

Daz.

So are you telling me a Porsche Boxster is not a good handling car then? :roll:

LOL are you forgotten man of politics Iain Duncan Smith? There's not that much difference between Boxsters and what you've got, not when you're talking about :shockhorror: actually driving your Porsche on streets etc. As well as the fact most of you haven't got a funky electric roof to play with.

The Boxster is a technically competant soft-top car, hence why i like it and wouldn't buy an out and out posing mobile like a TF, S2000, MX-5, MR-2. I want that engineering prowess. But when i put big money into a car, i also want it to be what i want it to be. It just so happens i'd rather have a 6 year old Boxster than a 10+ year old 911 - so sue me. No offence, but even with Porsche's minute aesthetic design changes a 10 year old 911 is noticably out of date (still looks good, but people will still know: thats an old car), whereas the Boxster isn't. Why not have a car that actually looks relatively new, especially when you're younger. I don't see how Mr Kiplings brother's literature comes into it?!?!

I also prefer the Boxsters backend to a softtop 911 backend as well, so what possible reason do i have to choose a 911 over a Boxster?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46613

You aint buying a Porsche for any reason other than pose, those are your own words, how shallow does that make you?

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46616

This is the best welcome thread I have read in ages :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46617

Previous poster said:

You aint buying a Porsche for any reason other than pose, those are your own words, how shallow does that make you?

Daz
Hmm interesting, why don't you quote me on that and i'll add shallow to my signature?

If i didn't care about engineering i would plump for a much cheaper piece of monkey crap as mentioned above. I'm just saying, the driving gains from a Boxster to a 911 do not outweigh the negatives, hence i will not buy one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46619

LOL are you forgotten man of politics Iain Duncan Smith? There's not that much difference between Boxsters and what you've got, not when you're talking about :shockhorror: actually driving your Porsche on streets etc. As well as the fact most of you haven't got a funky electric roof to play with.

The Boxster is a technically competant soft-top car, hence why i like it and wouldn't buy an out and out posing mobile like a TF, S2000, MX-5, MR-2. I want that engineering prowess. But when i put big money into a car, i also want it to be what i want it to be. It just so happens i'd rather have a 6 year old Boxster than a 10+ year old 911 - so sue me. No offence, but even with Porsche's minute aesthetic design changes a 10 year old 911 is noticably out of date (still looks good, but people will still know: thats an old car), whereas the Boxster isn't. Why not have a car that actually looks relatively new, especially when you're younger. I don't see how Mr Kiplings brother's literature comes into it?!?!

I also prefer the Boxsters backend to a softtop 911 backend as well, so what possible reason do i have to choose a 911 over a Boxster?

Dangerman your posts are amusing, you've probably brought the average age down around here to about 50. :D

But you went and blown it with the boxster backend comment!! :eek:

Everyone to there own... but your wrong :wink:
, maybe your taste will mature with age

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46620

Oh I give in, I only drive a 911 cos I look so cool :wink:

The handling, performance, heritage, enginering, looks, count for nothing.

Danger Man, where can I get some highlights, and a frontal labotomy :twisted:

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46621

If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs inthe air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in theair the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horsehas all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes

And if the horse is driving a Boxster, hes a film star.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46622

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 23 February 2006

Dangerman your posts are amusing, you've probably brought the average age down around here to about 50. :D

But you went and blown it with the boxster backend comment!! :eek:

Everyone to there own... but your wrong :wink:
, maybe your taste will mature with age

...rob

LOL. Its true i'm a card as well as a pleasure to know and be around. :D

But seriously, i know the back end on the Boxster could also be the front end, but i actually quite like it. I prefer that back end on the Boxster to the backend of the 911 softtop BUT the 911 backend looks good on the solid 911.

LOL. Its true that some cars on this forum are actually older than me probably. But when you say 50, is that in years years or beard years because in years years i'm 21 but in beard years i'm probably about 1ft (late developer)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46624

Previous poster said:

If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs inthe air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in theair the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horsehas all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes

And if the horse is driving a Boxster, hes a film star.

Daz

Interesting, but i have questions......

...what if the horse is on its back, no legs on the ground, crushing the rider underneath? :?

What if the horse lost a leg in battle and the guy got killed/wounded, how would that work?

How would the horse drive the boxster with its hoofs?

Where would the film star sit, on the horses back or in the passenger seat, i mean, the horse would probably take up 2 seats, so i guess on its back then?

What would be the statue if the guy contracted an STD and died of that, while the battle was happening?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46625

LOL, :D

You know, if you cant pull women without a car, buying a boxster aint likley to help.

Suggest you try being a little more subtle.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46630

How did I miss this thread!

He's not odd, just young and full of beans, like I was a few (well, quite a few) yrs back.

I used to love drop tops, we had a 356 Speedster replica, Golf cabrio and a 3-series cabrio over the yrs. At one point I swore not to go without at least one drop top at any point in time. But then I got old!

Now I wouldn't be seen dead in a cabrio where everybody can laugh at my belly and the few strands of white hair and facial wrinkles appearing!

Seriously though, Boxster is just about the best handlig drop top you can get, probably. At your age I wouldn't know the handling difference between a tractor and a super car, so I'd say go for it. Show off and be cocky and big headed while you still can do it without being an embarrasment to your children!

When you're more mature in terms of mentallity and capability, may be physically as well, then get a 911!

As for web sites, look at pistonheads and Porsche-1.net

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46631

Previous poster said:

Your not related to that other chap we had on here last night are you, his name was yea.

You sound so much like the Blair generation, how it looks is what matters, not how it is.

Sad for you, I suggest you read a bit of kippling, (Ruddyard that is not Mr).

Daz.

Brilliant Daz - top post. :D

I would hate to think what the Insurance would cost for a 21 year old in Nottingham driving a Boxter.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46636

Don't feed the troll please. Move along now, nothing more to see here

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46643

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back