Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Bought and fitted my 997.2 some post o2 sensors due to an error code, running like a champ now! All my hesitation problems between 2k-2.5k all gone.

Gave it a clean afterwards ready for the sunshine tomorrow :drive:

Got a few more bits colour coded by wicked coatings for the interior :grin: :thumb:

mirror triangles
rectangular bits for under the door speakers
roof light and alien eyes
and for outside the headlight washers

Attachments

• img_2638_205.jpg
    img_2638_205.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2,415
Phil 997 said:
Got a few more bits colour coded by wicked coatings for the interior :grin: :thumb:

mirror triangles

I'd like to see pics when fitted, my c4s has blue hard back seats, Alcantara stitched gator and steering wheel. I'm unsure if getting more bits painted will be OTT or not...

pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:

mirror triangles

I'd like to see pics when fitted, my c4s has blue hard back seats, Alcantara stitched gator and steering wheel. I'm unsure if getting more bits painted will be OTT or not...

Yes will do they are being fitted Friday. heres a pic of interor bits done so far in body colour
I just dont like all the bits that are not leather or silver there is a few just nasty plastic bits around the interior so decided to see what they look like painted if IMO any bit is too much then I will swap it back as all these bits were brought and the original bits are in the garage.

Attachments

• img_2219_772.jpg
    img_2219_772.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2,388
  • chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_184.jpg
    chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_184.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,388
  • img_1911_209.jpg
    img_1911_209.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 2,388
  • img_2059_811.jpg
    img_2059_811.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 2,388
oh yes and here the alcantara lower dash that I fitted to bring together the wheel knob/gator, armrest and handbreak rear :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2227_217.jpg
    img_2227_217.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,381
  • img_2229_636.jpg
    img_2229_636.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 2,381
Looking good Phil and not long until the dynamic duo head out to Gotham City :floor:

KJD said:
Looking good Phil and not long until the dynamic duo head out to Gotham City :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :grin: :thumb:

pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:

mirror triangles

My new body coloured interior bits were fitted today along with the headlight washers. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2644_178.jpg
    img_2644_178.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2,818
  • img_2643_100.jpg
    img_2643_100.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 2,818
  • img_2647_165.jpg
    img_2647_165.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2,818
  • img_2646_920.jpg
    img_2646_920.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 2,818
  • img_2642_634.jpg
    img_2642_634.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 2,818
  • img_2649_170.jpg
    img_2649_170.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,818
Nice work Phil :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:

mirror triangles

My new body coloured interior bits were fitted today along with the headlight washers. :thumb:

Really liking this look! Interior looks brand new! To bad for me it wont have the same effect with basalt black.

Loving the alcantara touches too Phil :thumbs:

silvermilnec said:

thanks Chris , didnt get my X97 shifter done today the Alcantara arrived but we couldnt get the knob apart anyway we gave up , I contacted Rob on here whos just done his red leather to alcantara X97 knob he told me what to do . bloody alkward but finally got it apart, so back next week to have it retrimmed in alcantara. :thumb:

116618LN said:
Phil 997 said:
pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:

mirror triangles

Really liking this look! Interior looks brand new! To bad for me it wont have the same effect with basalt black.

Thanks it has lifted the interior :thumb: you would be surprised how a gloss black either basalt or piano will lift the interior have a look at some of the centre consoles that have been done they look great :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

thanks Chris , didnt get my X97 shifter done today the Alcantara arrived but we couldnt get the knob apart anyway we gave up , I contacted Rob on here whos just done his red leather to alcantara X97 knob he told me what to do . bloody alkward but finally got it apart, so back next week to have it retrimmed in alcantara. :thumb:

I can't believe you didn't find out how to do it before lol

The alloy knob will be the finishing touch along with the hand break!

I keep thinking about having a few extra bits painted but I can't even drive it and it's killing me with this lovely weather 😢

Phil 997 said:
116618LN said:
Phil 997 said:
pcbung said:
Phil 997 said:

mirror triangles

Thanks it has lifted the interior :thumb: you would be surprised how a gloss black either basalt or piano will lift the interior have a look at some of the centre consoles that have been done they look great :thumb: :thumb:

Yeh I would have if I didn't just order a new console and other bits in carbon to replace all the stuff warped and cracked by the sun.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back