Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty Expiring soon - 111 point check advice etc.

sparticle

Monza
Hello,

My 2016 991.2 C4S PDK Cab 2nd market dealer warranty is expiring soon and I wanted advice around the 111 point check and putting it back on Porsche Warranty.

The prices for 3 years don't look too bad.

The car has had OEM spec discs fitted but not OP parts. What advice or experience do others have about the 11 point check and what is and isn't acceptable.

If there is a better warranty than Porsche extended out there and you have real experience please provide recommendations.

Cheers
Spart

Not sure on the parts already Fitted but the 111 point check no longer required if already under warranty. Can be done over the phone (I think)

spongebob squarepants said:
Not sure on the parts already Fitted but the 111 point check no longer required if already under warranty. Can be done over the phone (I think)

The current warranty is 2nd market and came with the car when I bought it. And now looking at putting the car on Porsche Extended warranty.

Cheers
Spart

sparticle said:
spongebob squarepants said:

The current warranty is 2nd market and came with the car when I bought it. And now looking at putting the car on Porsche Extended warranty.

Cheers
Spart

Ah sorry, OPC warranty all the way for me :thumb: Never found a warranty that's worth anything when it comes to issues, whearas with Porsche its simple and it's covered

Porsche warranty is in my opinion one of the best out there.
The 111 point will check everything including battery to ensure all are OEM and functioning. N rated tyres inclusive.
Taking it for 2 years gives a slight reduction overall than a year.
Some discussion has been on the forum taking warranty without recovery as it's cheaper and taking recovery separately from AA or similar.
All the best.

Slayer said:
Porsche warranty is in my opinion one of the best out there.
The 111 point will check everything including battery to ensure all are OEM and functioning. N rated tyres inclusive.
Taking it for 2 years gives a slight reduction overall than a year.
Some discussion has been on the forum taking warranty without recovery as it's cheaper and taking recovery separately from AA or similar.
All the best.

Thank you for the note. The prices quoted by Porsche Hull were:

£1100.00 1 Years
£1920.00 2 Years
£2830.00 3 Years

Assistance was:

£175.00 1 Year
£285.00 2 Year
£385.00 3 Year

We cannot find any issues with the car. It has N rated tyres and was just serviced in mid June at Hatfield with no advisories or issues before I bought it.

Cheers
Spart

If you are keeping the car for sometime, it is better to take 3 years in a shot.
You might be able to get a refund if selling at some point to a trader ( will be void otherwise unless it's a sale or return one)

Slayer said:
If you are keeping the car for sometime, it is better to take 3 years in a shot.
You might be able to get a refund if selling at some point to a trader ( will be void otherwise unless it's a sale or return one)

The implication of your note is that the warranty is not transferable to the new owner. Is this really the case. I thought all that type of nonsense had ceased these days.

Or is it the complexity of a dealer potentially buying it?

Our intention is to keep it for a couple of years at least and equalise a bit of mileage. Then potentially look to trade up to a Turbo Cab. Not sure about the new generation 992 interior looks weird but so did the 991 at first ;)

Cheers
Spart

sparticle said:
Slayer said:

The implication of your note is that the warranty is not transferable to the new owner. Is this really the case. I thought all that type of nonsense had ceased these days.

Our intention is to keep it for a couple of years at least and equalise a bit of mileage. Then potentially look to trade up to a Turbo Cab. Not sure about the new generation 992 interior looks weird but so did the 991 at first ;)

Cheers
Spart

As far as I know, you can transfer it if a private sale or if it's a OPC sale. If to a trader, it's void unless on a sale or return policy.
I prefer 991 interior as you said :grin:

Warranty is transferable to a new owner if it's a private sale. Or you have the option of asking for what's left to be refunded. If you part ex and sell to the trade not OPC the warranty is void for the new owner so that's the point you go for the refund. Most traders get around it by using the SOR trick so it passes on with your agreement as you 'own' the warranty.

There is no warranty better than OPC but it comes at a cost, not least tying you in to their over-proced servicing and non acceptance of aftermarket parts. No N rated tyres, no warranty :roll: I think also that if you are entering into OPC warranty as a 'new' policy then you will need a major service and 111-point check before they will accept you into the scheme.

Porsche assistance is IMHO not worth it over and above normal breakdown cover. The AA turn up with Porsche assist.

I'm not usually a man to subscribe to warranty as I have always trusted an Indy to look after my car at a good price and fix it where able rather than a Porsche technician's default to just replace the part. BUT the OPC warranty on Boxster/Cayman including the GT4 :eek: is the same price and just over half the cost of 911 cover. so at the moment it's a no brainer for me. :oops:

sparticle said:
Slayer said:

Cheers
Spart

Traders now openly advertise the Porsche warranty. If Porsche/warranty company could do anything about it they would, so they clearly can't, so effectively the warranty is fully transferable.

thank you to all who have replied. I thought there might be gotchas. The car had its service in mid June and not due now until 2023.

The 111 point check I am aware of but not the nuances which sound like they could be potential blockers.

Anyway thanks for the advice and info.

Cheers
Spart

Spart - I expect you've resolved this but I took mine for an OPC warranty a week or so ago. Having bought from a dealer, as above, although the OPC warranty was still in place it was void because it wasn't a direct transfer from one private owner to another. I paid the £2136 including the 111 check for a 2 yr warranty, all fine, no requirement for any service etc. as long as the car has documented OPC service history and all genuine parts. My understanding is when you come to renew the 111 check is done FOC and obviously they put right any faults that aren't wear and tear.

OttoOtto said:
Spart - I expect you've resolved this but I took mine for an OPC warranty a week or so ago. Having bought from a dealer, as above, although the OPC warranty was still in place it was void because it wasn't a direct transfer from one private owner to another. I paid the £2136 including the 111 check for a 2 yr warranty, all fine, no requirement for any service etc. as long as the car has documented OPC service history and all genuine parts. My understanding is when you come to renew the 111 check is done FOC and obviously they put right any faults that aren't wear and tear.

Did you tell them you bought from a garage??!!! :?:

Yes I told them before I bought the car when I asked about warranty pricing. The only conditionality for the stand-alone warranty was 90 days in my ownership, i.e. bring the V5 along. They weren't interested in where the car was purchased from.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back