Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED : Genuine 993RS Speedline 18inch rims please

Its says RS Style... do we think this is genuine article?

ko993c4s said:
Its says RS Style... do we think this is genuine article?

No, seller would say so as they are too special not to know! But they are very good replica's.

The genuine ones should have Porsche part numbers as usual on the rear of the spokes, and there are some scallops in the rear of the spokes too. The Speedline for Porsche etching is interesting, perhaps someone tried to make them look real. The genuine ones were not actually highly polished, leaving the factory with a slightly dull finish.

Pics of the real deal.

DSC07194.jpg

DSC07199.jpg

DSC07201.jpg

DSC07209.jpg

DSC07192.jpg

Thxs ChrisW - really good reference info you have posted here...

'Speedline for Porsche' is etched into the outer rim. Due to the likelihood of corrosion in the outer rim, when the outers are refurbed this is lost. A professional outfit should be able to replicate the logo, but some do cheat by making up stickers.

993C2S said:
'Speedline for Porsche' is etched into the outer rim. Due to the likelihood of corrosion in the outer rim, when the outers are refurbed this is lost. A professional outfit should be able to replicate the logo, but some do cheat by making up stickers.

If you know of any shop (including Speedling) who will re-etch this, you will be hailed as a god by 964T owners (especially on Rennlist). It was before I bought my 964T, but there were a few people investigating the etching on rennlist and I understand it cant/wont be done by anyone in Europe.

If you want to achieve deity status, tell us where these 'etching angels' live!

wagonface said:
993C2S said:

If you know of any shop (including Speedling) who will re-etch this, you will be hailed as a god by 964T owners (especially on Rennlist). It was before I bought my 964T, but there were a few people investigating the etching on rennlist and I understand it cant/wont be done by anyone in Europe.

If you want to achieve deity status, tell us where these 'etching angels' live!

That surprises me in that I can't see why it should so difficult, other than the logo's being copyrighted. I'd imagine the cost would be pretty significant for the whole process in terms of logistics etc and anyone undertaking would want a pretty good price for hassle, and disclaimers involved too. :?:

ko993c4s said:
Yep - they are really pricey - been quoted £3500 for a set of 4 (apparently new)... I have looked at the VELOCE versions - cheap at £900 for set of 4 but just dont look right...

WHY am I looking for a set...? Visually, a stunning set of wheels that sets off the 993 shape well...

BUT great feedback and comments - THANK YOU... Maybe stick with my current ones :) ...

What about ROOCK ? Any thoughts on them ...?

can i ask where that price came from ?

if that includes VAT then its a damm good price and 30-40% off

jackal2513 said:
... can i ask where that price came from ?

if that includes VAT then its a damm good price and 30-40% off
I spoke to Paul of PWS last Sept... he indicated that new would be around this price... and then pointed me in the direction of the VELOCEs...

If the forthcoming reps are as good as the originals in terms of looks and styling, I will be very tempted...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back