Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: Center muffler bypass for 997.2 C2S

jaymzz

Hi,

I am on the lookout for a center muffler bypass for my 997.2 C2S. Ideally separate straight through pipes like SharkWerks or Miltek but would also consider the X-pipe design.

Please let me know if anyone has anything sitting around that they would be willing to let go for a reasonable price.

Cheers,
James

I have recently had the Hayward and Scott fitted. Great quality fitted with no issues by my Indy and sounds great. Not a lot different at low revs but is great after 4000rpm.
Ps I have got the PSE

jaymzz said:
Hi,

I am on the lookout for a center muffler bypass for my 997.2 C2S. Ideally separate straight through pipes like SharkWerks or Miltek but would also consider the X-pipe design.

Please let me know if anyone has anything sitting around that they would be willing to let go for a reasonable price.

Cheers,
James

I too have just done a centre muffler bypass, but using the TopGear x-pipe. Its a bargain at £320 (less 10% for 911UK members) and great quality.

Its interesting to note that x-pipe design is the one favoured by the top sports exhaust designers (Akrapovic, Cargraphic, Fabspeed etc). Rather than the straight pipe designs. I'd love to do a side by side comparison though.

BTW, good choice of interior and exterior colour you have there, same as me! :thumbs:

Sharkwerks did some testing. Worth a read of their website.

Magic919 said:
Sharkwerks did some testing. Worth a read of their website.

I've read their website about their bypass pipes, but they only compared them to the standard centre box. Not to the seemingly favoured x-pipe layout of many others.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newbieporsche
Back