Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - 997.1 Turbo Circa £45k Budget

Starby

Hello,

I sold my 991 Turbo at the end of 2019 and now would like to get another Porsche. I don't want to spend as much because of the current climate and previously had a 997 C2S Gen 2 which I liked. I preferred the size and general look over the 991 so figured a 997 turbo is a good place to settle.

I am looking for a 997.1 turbo tiptronic for £45k. Main criteria is a good solid history, sensible number of owners; Chrono and a black interior are a must.

In love with the Dark Olive one at Cameron but 9 owners seems excessive for a £40k car, and it's obviously a stretch.

If there is anything for sale not advertised on the usual platforms please do let me know. Ideally in the South East.

Also if anyone can vouch for any that are advertised that may help.

There is a highly spec'd GT Silver car with PCCB's at a slightly random looking dealer that seems to sell rally parts called D Taylor Classic Porsche? Any thoughts on this welcomed?

Thank you all.

Good luck with the search.

For what it's worth, I don't think the owners thing is a good indicator of the quality of a 911, some people just scratch the itch for a summer and move on, and moreso with the tiptronic given it's not a modern gearbox.

Cameron have a decent rep, they wouldn't retail any old crap. If it meets all criteria, just give them a call and have them talk you through the owners, you never know it might throw up just name changes in the same family or something....

Have sent them an email; I'm used to a few owners from past Ferraris but never more than 4 or 5; would worry me trying to sell a 10 owner car. Cheers.

I'll put you on my list of people to contact if I decide to let mine go this year. :)

The biggest stumbling block is that I haven't seen anything for £40k-£45k that I would want to change to.

Good Luck with your search. :thumb:

Starby said:
In love with the Dark Olive one at Cameron but 9 owners seems excessive for a £40k car, and it's obviously a stretch.

£40k :? ......... It's advertised at £51,990

T8 said:
I'll put you on my list of people to contact if I decide to let mine go this year. :)

The biggest stumbling block is that I haven't seen anything for £40k-£45k that I would want to change to.

Good Luck with your search. :thumb:

I agree it's a tough bracket to find a better or equal alternative to a 997T. The only other car in consideration for me is an R8.

Cameron are a great bunch.

You may be a little bullish with your offer as they have had this particular car on their books for over a year?

I asked if they would take an offer but they said they would not unfortunately; so as I couldn't find a suitable car I have bought a Cayman S for now which I collect tomorrow; so no longer looking.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

£45k might have tempted me. If you ever reconsider your choice ........

997%20TURBO%20P1010187_zpsucafg74s.jpg

CL121020Interior.JPG

Starby said:
I asked if they would take an offer but they said they would not unfortunately ....

And now it's reduced by £2k :?

T8 said:
Starby said:
I asked if they would take an offer but they said they would not unfortunately ....

And now it's reduced by £2k :?

I love it when they do this. A good few years back I was looking for a 350z Roadster. I wanted the HR model which was rarer and the most powerful. There were 2 for sale within 100 miles of my house, so I went to the closest one first and they point blank refused to drop a penny off the screen price. Wouldn't even entertain the idea of giving me 6 months free road tax. I went and promptly bought the other one, albeit a long trip to get it.

I kept an eye on the other one and sure enough they ended up dropping the price 2 or 3 times until it was £3k less than I had actually offered. :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back