Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The best exhaust for a turbo - the definitive answer please!

If you can't afford an akrapovic!!!
then it has to be a Kline- no drone- great sound :thumb:

I really liked the sound of my old milltek was a deep burble on cold start , fairly quite once warm around town but screamed at high revs.
Looking forward to having the loud/quite option of the 9e exhaust.

Diggermeister said:
Lovely! Do you have an in car clip?

Here's an in car clip of my 200 cell Kline

mcbit said:
Diggermeister said:

Nice – thank you.

Seems to be a slightly deeper note all through, which makes the engine more audible at lower revs. I take it the camera was mounted to the rear screen, so is that actually how it sounds inside the car, or slightly exaggerated, due to the engine vibrations in the glass?

My car get pretty vocal once you're pushing on, but it somewhat lacks the character of N/A cars just pootling around the place.

I'd say that it's a reasonable representation of how it sounds in the car, with a sharp change in tonality from just over 3k upwards.

Another vote here for the 9e switchable system.

On the motorway there is no more noise that a standard system in quiet mode ... but floor it in loud ... and it's sounds like a race car and is more than capable of setting car alarms off and waking the neighbours.

For me the choice was one of performance (it's just a benefit that it sounds like it does) and the fact that it can be run quietly.

Based on this criteria it was a simple choice as 9e clearly know there stuff.

mcbit said:
Diggermeister said:

Nice. Half way through the clip, I lost the video, but the sound continued. And I realized that without the constant visual reminder that the car is a 996, I would not have realized that the engine was turbocharged. I don't think I would have thought it was a naturally aspirated flat six either - perhaps had the video been off during the parking garage section at the start ... . But it was clearly a sports car, with some engine other than an American style V-8.

Now I just need to find a video of an NA 996 with a Kline exhaust ... .

Did anyone actually fit and report back on the £400 Miltek copy/style Exhuast from Topgear?
I know forum member isoprutoron fitted the £600 Topgear exhaust (different style from above) and took it off soon after because it droned and 9e advised against a cheap 100cell pipe as it caused boost issues, but I haven't seen or heard any reports about the miltek style 200cell pipes from Topgear.

To be fair, I think we all know what the results will be...but I have one of these un-fitted and would like to know how it is before I go to the effort of getting it put on the car.

I don't even see this system listed anymore on eBay, they sold a handful of them at bargain prices, none left now, someone must have fitted one!?

This is the pipe I speak of... It was discussed as a Miltek copy, made in the same factory folks were saying..

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121846303184

I've been trying to give a sense of the noise in the cabin for the 9e exhaust but it is quite tricky to capture it on video.

Here is an attempt with some in-car dabs of the accelerator. I'm not sure the camera was attached securely so apologies if a bit dodgy quality...

https://youtu.be/BWCg8bRbm1o

9e certainly gives more low rev noise than standard, which I think is a key issue for getting enjoyment at legal speeds.

Mole said:
I've been trying to give a sense of the noise in the cabin for the 9e exhaust but it is quite tricky to capture it on video.

Here is an attempt with some in-car dabs of the accelerator. I'm not sure the camera was attached securely so apologies if a bit dodgy quality...

https://youtu.be/BWCg8bRbm1o

Best sounding exhaust on a 996 turbo IMO :thumb:

Overpowered by road noise a little, but here's a quick clip of a tunnel run with mine. Taken in the cabin with the windows cracked. I wouldn't recommend this exhaust for anything other than a weekend car.

TwinBoost said:
Overpowered by road noise a little, but here's a quick clip of a tunnel run with mine. Taken in the cabin with the windows cracked. I wouldn't recommend this exhaust for anything other than a weekend car.

What exhaust is that? ... sounds awesome!

Doctorima said:
I fitted Europipe to my 997 tt , fantastic aeroquality welding, no droning great sound and performance . The exhaust even comes with the tools to access awkward fittings . I combined it with a Revo reprogram that gives selectable performance, go for it and enjoy the turbo sound.

I have the europipe on my 997.1 turbo and love it. No drone, lots of induction noise at low speeds and roars a high speed. It scares other motorists in a tunnel! Would recommend it to any turbo owner, very distinctive sound.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back