Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension rebuild/upgrade incoming. Meyle & CTE feedbac

Slippydiff said:
drmark said:
OEM arms are crap too. Sadly. My first set lasted 20k.

You're a real ray of sunshine aren't you Mark :grin:

Lets hope the Eibach adjustable items I've bought for the front, last longer than all the aftermarket stuff and the OE items :D

But all joking aside, does your 997 get used on very poorly surfaced roads a lot of the time ? Or dare I ask, is Mrs Dr Mark less diligent about avoiding potholes than you :?:

Yes I am ;) Sorry.

The point I was trying to make is that I wouldn't stump up extra for OEM. The design of the coffin arms is the trouble. They can have hardly any play - so work as intended - but knock like hell when hot due to different expansion of the metals in the ball socket. The movement is tiny when you take them off, which is why you can't assess on the car. I think all the most common types do it.

As for our car. It is carefully driven but we live in rural Glos and the suspension certainly takes a bashing. At 60k it went to CoG and had everything replaced except the springs. Though, to be fair, the dampers were only misting and in tolerance on testing. But while you are in there....

It came back a new car (once I had fixed a buckle Mrs P put in one of the wheels...)

I'm pretty sure the female of the species have an inbuilt homing device that ensures if there's a pothole that could cause vehicular damage, they'll automatically find it and hit it with pinpoint accuracy every time.
That was certainly the impression I got with my ex in her Q5. I even suggested she might want to apply for a job at the council's highway department logging and reporting potholes. Said suggestion wasn't well received... :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back