Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed camera detector......

E3 PSB

Trainee
Since owning a 911 it has become apparent that there are a lot of speed cameras that like my car (had a few pictures taken by them)

Whilst flattered, I'd very much like to keep my license. What is the best camera, radar detection system available?

Thanks in advance. :judge: :sad:

Waze, is as good as anything else I've used, and the community will tell you of any mobile traps around.

Waze for me although I did try the Saphe Drive Traffic alarm which worked fine if waze is not an option, I did not use it long enough to comment how long between needing recharges though.

Ps on the newer Porsches with CarPlay / android auto you can run waze in the background and still use the Porsche sat nav, waze still gives speed warnings over speakers ;-)

Waze for me too, very rare I see a speed camera or static police car that a Wazee hasn't already marked, not to mention other important stuff like jams and road works etc.

I just wish the audible alert wasn't 2 seconds before you drive through it :D

Thanks guys, I've downloaded waze so will give that a go, appreciate the advice, have a great bank holiday weekend :thumb:

Just a tip, but the warnings come very close to the camera (when travelling at speed) so occasionally scan the screen ahead for 'hazards'.. :thumb:

I use Waze too these days and agree with the feeling that most speed camera locations are flagged up by other users.

Having said that I also simultaneously use the Radarbot Pro app on IOS which works really well as an alternative easy choice. I think it was circa £5 one off to buy but it has regular updates for fixed and mobile camera locations from what I have seen. I have a shortcut set to start the app automatically when I connect to CarPlay. The alerts are quite loud and difficult to miss which is good.

spinnaker said:
I use Waze too these days and agree with the feeling that most speed camera locations are flagged up by other users.

Having said that I also simultaneously use the Radarbot Pro app on IOS which works really well as an alternative easy choice. I think it was circa £5 one off to buy but it has regular updates for fixed and mobile camera locations from what I have seen. I have a shortcut set to start the app automatically when I connect to CarPlay. The alerts are quite loud and difficult to miss which is good.

I think I tried Radarbot and from memory the main issue with it was that the alerts are not direction dependant ie warns you of cameras which are not monitoring your direction of travel but are on the other side of the road ?

I haven't observed that and either way I am happy to know that they're there. Where there is one facing one way there is usually another watching you going the other way too!

On longer trips I have everything keeping an eye out. Waze, Radarbot Pro and even a Tom Tom with speed cameras updated. Triple bagging!

Waze and Snooper 4zero Elite BT for me. I like Waze, but you need to have a stable data connection at all times.

Love Waze, can't say I have noticed low signal issues, but then perhaps you wouldn't.

Awesome to have a community giving feed back to visible and invisible presences. I use the frequency of correctly indicated stopped cars et al as an indicator of how good the feedback is... if every stopped car comes up with a warning for you as you arrive, then safer to say any boys in blue up the road are more likely to be reported also.

Always frequently scan the map ahead for cameras and hazards in advance however.

#bestpractice

My comment re stable network connection really relates to drives in more remote areas, like some sections of the NC500, etc. For most journeys it will be absolutely fine. I think most mobile networks are something like 97/98% coverage.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back