Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sorry oil question

Dougnorwich

Silverstone
I know probably done to death but I only have a simple one

My car has done 89k now and I've been using mobile 1, just about to do my yearly oil change and was looking at ordering from opie oils but changing to 5w-40 one of two choices either the millers or Mobil super 3000 is the millers worth the extra over the Mobil

Thanks chaps

Don't worry about it! The old ones are the best.

I have a Hartech rebuilt C2S with 55k miles and when I called and spoke to them they recommended: Millers Oils NanoDrive CFS 10w50 NT+ Fully Synthetic Engine Oil. I gather the advice is the same regardless of whether the engine has been rebuilt already or not.

I found this from someone somewhere on here in a thread:
If the engine is under 50k miles then change to 5w40 if over 50k miles 10w50 I follow Hartechs advise and use millers nano plus 10w50 and find that the engine runs cooler and uses less oil than many say they use.

I switched to the Millers 10w50 back in Feb and the car has been running fine on it.

Anyone else care to back me up on the above recommendation?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back