Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Smelly wiper jets

Anyone ever smelt that their wiper washer is far from fresh when they wipe their windows with the jets?

If so, how best to fix, can I do it without removing the tank?

Cheers in advance.

You can get anti bacterial tablets to dissolve in the bottle, which might improve things :)

Had it happen to my 993......water had effectively been sat in it for years and years and gone stale..........I simply ran the tank dry which takes a surprisingly long time.......just do it with some breaks so as to not overheat the motor and then top up with fresh water :thumb:

Cheers Gents, I'll look into it.

I had this reported by a technician on my recent service, along with a non-working headlight washer.

I finally got round to fixing the headlight washer at the weekend, which meant removing the bumper and during testing the washer fluid smelt seriously rank! I suspect the washer fluid additives go-off over long periods :yuk:

Today I drained the washer fluid tank, using a thin plastic tube and large syringe (which I have for mixing cleaning products). It took a little while, but there must have been 1.5 - 2 litres and the water was a nasty muddy brown concoction!

Pleased with the results though! :thumb:

Yeah I need to get on this. Will post up my findings. Was tempted to buy some tabs perhaps to start cleaning things up... then empty out the water.

Bear in mind if you leave any of the bacteria in the bottle it will breed again, unless you kill it with a different chemical to screenwash which its resistant to.

I ended up removing the screenwash bottle from one of my cars and cleaning it out with bleach as it kept getting blocked with what looked like seaweed! :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back