Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SITE UPGRADE! We're back running # New features to try ...

there are still a few tweaks going on, which includes the font and font sizes

you can also set your browser if using a PC to 90% or 80% should you choose to resize it

Is the new 'platform' going to develop away from the kindergarten style and perhaps have a font size not set for those that may be visually impaired? It all seems rather 'large'
is that better ?
this is one of the alternatives I am trialing out

Feedback is very important !

I'm finding that unread posts stay "live" whereas previously if you logged out and logged back in later only the latest posts since you logged out would show as live. Is this intended or is there a way to have the threads that you don't want to read unhighlighted.

I'm finding that unread posts stay "live" whereas previously if you logged out and logged back in later only the latest posts since you logged out would show as live. Is this intended or is there a way to have the threads that you don't want to read unhighlighted.
whilst the list is based on a time frame, any post or thread that you have not read will be in bold
if you've already read it then it wont be in bold, so there is a distinction

there are a few options, which over time will become more active

1698332501981.png

first point of call for me when I jump on here is to hit the new posts button. Previously it was a tiny link next to the log out button and half the time I’d log myself out only to log back in afresh to find no new posts….so very thankful that little foible has disappeared.

however, “new posts“ used to show what subforum the new post was actually in, this seems to have gone, would be nice to have that back. 👍🏻

ETA,scrap that, just looked again and can see it now, was a bit small..

this missing posts from the last month, will mean the site will have to go down again for 24 hours to enable the database to be refreshed

apologies for this error, which i didnt notice <cue to the face palm emoji)!
If I update a thread, will the missing 4 weeks drop into the right chronological order in between posts when you do the update?

If I update a thread, will the missing 4 weeks drop into the right chronological order in between posts when you do the update?
they will as it's all time indexed, noting this issue is taking more time than I had originally hoped

Reactions: FZP
first point of call for me when I jump on here is to hit the new posts button. Previously it was a tiny link next to the log out button and half the time I’d log myself out only to log back in afresh to find no new posts….so very thankful that little foible has disappeared.

however, “new posts“ used to show what subforum the new post was actually in, this seems to have gone, would be nice to have that back. 👍🏻

ETA,scrap that, just looked again and can see it now, was a bit small..
I would agree the actual forum mention is small and grey and not bold and larger, it will be somewhere in the code to amend but it's on my list as well

Is there a way for me to reduce the site font size a bit on my phone? Just this site,I do not want to mess with my phone settings , just this site. I like the new design and features, but I feel like I can’t see as much as I could before without having to scroll up and down more. It’s probably just a matter of getting used to it though I guess. I’m just very happy that this hasn’t become an utter UI shitfest like Rennlist

You can do that on an iPhone. No idea about other phones.

Looks great - thanks for the hard work 🍻

I am pleased to report that the data gaps from the 4 weeks prior to the upgrade have now been corrected
The forum history is now complete ✅

if there is anything missing, let me know

Next up is the fix and resort all the url redirects that were lost by the developer with whom we have now parted company with, because of this issue and other delays/problems, we are working with a new IT asset to manage these issues

then it's adding back the legacy emojis

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back