Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scottish Silver 993 Tip - anyone familiar?

cableguy said:
All the NB car needs is lowering on a nice set of 18's with a slightly more aggressive offset or spacer to make those hips stand out.

Add a Turbo Bumper for extra effect... 8)

C.
Those look like 19s to me, i have seen 19" fuch-a-likes on a 993, but only in a body shop on a written-off car! probably tells you enough about what 19s do for handling!

vardy

Living near Edinburgh I often browse Vardy stock and they have cars in for years on end. The yellow early car must have been their for 3 years now! They always seem at top dollar to me!

jhrfc said:
cableguy said:
All the NB car needs is lowering on a nice set of 18's with a slightly more aggressive offset or spacer to make those hips stand out.

C.
Those look like 19s to me, i have seen 19" fuch-a-likes on a 993, but only in a body shop on a written-off car! probably tells you enough about what 19s do for handling!

Nope, not 19's. They're Rotiform FUC in 9jx18" & 11jx18". :thumb:

C.

cableguy said:

C.

Wow thats the best looking NB Ive seen by a long way and wheels too - I was starting to think the options for silver cars were a bit limited too!

Funny I was looking at a black NB recently and I couldn't understand why it looked much wider than the others I'd seen, that must explain it. I don't know the first thing about offsets so I'd better get reading.

I've just seen a youtube on the custom targa belonging to Jason Castriota on youtube, I thought I'd narrowed down my search too!

My advice is to look at and drive as many as you can. Condition and maintenance are key.

I owned a C2S (WB) for a couple of years and it was a great car, however I much prefer my earlier C2 (NB) from a drivers perspective. My car is a 95 pre VR, shorter ratio gearbox and no air-con. The car feels much more alive than the later VR (WB) car. Some of it may be down to the fresh suspension but the shorter gears on a spirited drive really come into their own IMO... hence try and drive all variants for the best fit for you and your needs.

C.

First off you've decided to compromise by accepting a Tiptronic based on it being 'cheaper' than a manual box. It isn't, it's too much dough for the car and that is why it hasn't sold. At the price point most potential buyers have the 'spare' money to want what they consider to be the best for them without compromises and will pay for it. Most owners on here are enthusiasts who bought into the air-cooled world several years ago where these cars could be picked up around £30k a price more palatable at the time.

A higher mileage S would go for similar money and whilst this is 'average' mileage (read very high mileage for most 993 buyers :roll: ) when it comes to a Tiptronic low/average mileage carries very little weight.

Had a respray someone mentioned? That may worry some but I suspect it started with the inevitable rust in the scuttle windscreen for/aft surrounds and developed into a 'man maths' job whilst in for the work :what: I've nothing against respraying these cars if the job is done correctly. My 964 Jubi in Polar Silver was subject to a near full repaint and anyone who saw it was impressed (It must have been good for a 135k miles car if 911v recently sold it for £100k :eek: ). That said it did have full black leather, the AC worked and detailed service history that would fill a wheelbarrow.

There's no detailed description in the advert so I can't comment on what work has been done - fixing the AC can cost you £2k. Believe me you need to be colour blind or have the eyesight of Stevie Wonder to like that Moody Blue interior :nooo: made worse if you're forced to sweat your gonads off sat in it.

:hand: Jonttt likes Moody Blue and will
beatdeadhorse.gif
but is in a very small pool.

Well the car will definately sell now Zingari has commented :floor:

The car was no doubt over priced 9 months ago.......the market has moved on and now its not, simplez :bandit:

Despite Zingaris protests the two tone blue really is rather lovely and part of owning a true 90's sports car, I've had several from different marques with two tone interiors and loved them all........if you want boring black just buy a modern car :grin:

If you like the hips and aren't worried about transmission, an S tip is fine. The reason I asked is that quite a number of people go for the rarity and therefore supposed desirability of the widebody cars. If you're doing that, the tip isn't the way to go as it negates the added desirability for many of those buyers.

Personally I'd go all the way and get a turbo or just get a really nice narrow body.

Definitely sounds like I need to try a manual and see this moody blue in the flesh! Like you say, maybe a higher mileage manual or nb is the way to go in my budget.

I think the turbo ship has sailed for me unfortunately!

jonttt said:
Despite Zingaris protests the two tone blue really is rather lovely and part of owning a true 90's sports car, I've had several from different marques with two tone interiors and loved them all........if you want boring black just buy a modern car :grin:
I'm with you Jonttt - I like period interiors, and something a bit different as long as it's not overbearing. :thumbs:

Its a good looking car.

For some reason I like the silver and red. in a way, its that bad, with the auto box it all makes sense. feels like it all makes more sense as a 'package'.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back