Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Riviera Blue 997.2 GT3 Build Thread.

Ohlins sent me another set of front springs, as the first set only allowed me to get +10mm from my old ride height. That's all sorted now. While I was there I decided to fit a set of Performance Friction bells and rotors.

PFCDiscs1.jpg

Turns out they use a tapered retaining bolt unlike the OEM disc. I imagine you're supposed to use AP bolts. We had some non AP brake bolts in stock, but when closely inspecting the fitment (as I'm so over the top careful with these centrelock wheels) I noticed the heads were standing about 0.3mm proud. That's a potential disaster waiting to happen right there, so into the lathe.
PFCDiscs2.jpg

Terrible Iphone picture showing the difference
PFCDiscs3.jpg

Much better:
PFCDiscs5.jpg

All Done!
PFCDiscs4.jpg

I was going to do a last minute Spa trip for the trackday this Wednesday and Thursday, but I've paid too much attention to the weather forecast, and chickened out :D. I'd like to find last minute UK track day to go and test out the Ohlins before it's time to fit the winter tyres.

I'm booking it. I have a friend with a 997.1 clubby coming along as well for his first track day.

Awesome Phil - thoroughly enjoying all this :)

Last time i bought PF discs they came with the retaining screw in the box.

Keep an eye on those dimpled discs....

06c07f15.jpg

...ah yes...that has to be the ''grand canyon'' in there...lol

:wink:

To be fair to PF, these were at the end of a tough duty cycle :lol:

This was two sets of of PF06 done and half a day on PF01's

My Strasse Monoblock wheels finally arrived... Just in time to get covered in road salt :D. I've very happy with them so far. Now to fit a tyre or two and see how much work I've got to do to fit them under the arches.

Thanks to Projex Design for arranging the wheels, and for the bottle of bubbly that came with them. Nice touch!

StrasseWheels.jpg

dare I ask how much those beauties cost?

I think they were just shy of 5. It's been a while since I ordered them as they had to remake the fronts from scratch after the first stress test..

Nice, look forward to seeing them on the car. :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back