Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Revising the interior a little & looking after the Mrs.

The first cup holder is a non starter......it won`t keep your beer cold

The second one however looks perfectly fit for purpose :D

TJW964 said:
I thought that was the alternate 'third position'. Anyway, who introduced you to my wife?

:floor: :floor: :floor: :thumb:

chaser said:
The first cup holder is a non starter......it won`t keep your beer cold

The second one however looks perfectly fit for purpose :D

:floor: :floor: :floor: and should prevent spillage from side impacts :thumb:

Hi TJW, I only found the second one after reading a hint on here. If you pull your cup holder out (towards the passenger seat) another holder appears! :viking:

Hi Ursa

I have just bought a 996 and the lack of a place for my phone and bits etc is driving me crazy, where did you get it from ?

Nimrod said:
Hi Ursa

I have just bought a 996 and the lack of a place for my phone and bits etc is driving me crazy, where did you get it from ?

I bought it from Porsche main dealer in Tonbridge Kent - Part no is 996.552.253.01.01 and was £25+ vat. Invoice shows a slight discount of 7.5% which I didn't ask for but a nice saving anyway meaning I paid £23.58 plus vat.

Main dealer were cheaper than eBay and two of this forums sponsors by over a £10 so was a no brainer. The part No. above is for the upper shelf and rubber mat inside rather than the lower shelf which has a different shape and apparently you CANT shunt the climate controls up one due to lack of fixings

Thanks will order one from my OPC :thumb:

You can buy a repair kit for your Ac display off eBay, 30 min diy.

Just completed my CD Tray/Cubby Hole swap - vast improvement!

4b4 said:
Just completed my CD Tray/Cubby Hole swap - vast improvement!

:thumb: a 30 second mod too

Hi Ursa,
Great updates.

Do you have the part number for the trim panel which replaced the telephone?

Thanks,

g7jhp

g7jhp said:
Hi Ursa,
Great updates.

Thanks,

g7jhp

black leatherette panel for mine was 996.552.091.06 A12 and was £39.75 +vat from Wilmslow OPC.

The same panel in leather was £375.46 Inc. VAT ..... unsurprisingly I didn't opt for that one :nooo:

Jon

g7jhp said:
Hi Ursa,
Great updates.

Thanks,

g7jhp

Yes mate part number for black leatherette passenger panel is 996.552.091.06 and cost me £40.86 after discount plus vat from Tonbridge OPC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back