Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Red reflector strip

matt nicholson

Hi
Not a 911 owner yet
Looking for my first - most likely 991.1
Seen a cabriolet that I like but it has a red reflector/light strip immediately below the rear spoiler
Any ideas What this is? I’ve only seen it on one other car, everything else seems to not have it?IMG_2893.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum.
Think all the wide body 991.1 cars, i.e., 4-wheel drive, came with this light strip feature.

My 997 GTS has the reflector strip. It only went on the c4 wide body cars. It’s been a nightmare for me. Bought a new one cos it cracked, at the cost of £1000 and am on the second replacement as it keeps getting condensation in it. So this is the 3rd strip since July and yet again it’s showing signs of condensation Porsche even did a 30 min drive to see if it cleared ( it didn’t) Not happy

The rear reflector was on NB cars as well since 1974. The 964, 993 , the rear reflector on my 964 C2 was a pain as you say cracking and fadeing, But still loved the look and just wondering if anyone has made a custom one to fit for the 996 C2.

Last edited:
My 997 GTS has the reflector strip. It only went on the c4 wide body cars. It’s been a nightmare for me. Bought a new one cos it cracked, at the cost of £1000 and am on the second replacement as it keeps getting condensation in it. So this is the 3rd strip since July and yet again it’s showing signs of condensation Porsche even did a 30 min drive to see if it cleared ( it didn’t) Not happy
Sorry to hear that. What reasons are being given by the OPC for the repeated failures ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back