Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recaro SPG XL

limey

Trainee
I have had a Recaro SPG XL seat fitted using the Recaro slide fitting kit and the correct side mounts, but the seat is to high. Has anyone over come this problem and how ?

Too high is a tad subjective. But, if so and you have all in the lowest options on the side mounts then it most likely remove the runners or take a look at Cunno's seat mount.

Even stock recaro GT3 seats are a bit high.

yup, second vote for the BBi side mounts/runners, gets pole positions nice and low (lower than the std sports hardbacks i had originally). Would imagine it will be the same for the SPG.
Im just over 6'1" and i have plenty of clearance to the headlining when waring a helmet.

Apparently something similar can be done using modified side mounts and the original runners, but the BBi set up is plug n play, although quite pricey.

Fitted a BBi seat mount today, very happy seat is just where I wanted it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back