Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rear seat won't stay up...

ukaser

Hey all.
One of my rear seats no longer clips back up into place. I think the hooking mechanism is goosed but there's no obvious way to access it - presumably behind the carpeted backing.
Anyone got any tips to getting in?

details online via dasams on rl

The process is relatively simple and requires 40 and 25 torx bits plus a flat head screw driver to remove the plastic caps.

1. Lift off the seat bottoms which are held in place with velcro.
2. The seat backs are held in place by screws on both sides plus a center screw.
3. Using a flat head screwdriver, pop off the plastic covers on the two side screws.
4. Using a 40 torx bit, remove the screws. These are firmly installed and I used a 1/4 wrench for added torque. See figure 1 and note that I had the bit square to the screw when it was removed or else it would have been stripped.
5. Pull forward and up to pop off the plastic cover of the center screw as shown in figure 2.
6. Using a 25 torx bit, remove the center screw. This was also firmly installed so I again used my 1/4" cheater bar.
7. Lift the seat backs up as a unit as they can't be separated until the side brackets are clear. See figure 3 where the've been lifted and are lying down in the foot well area. Notice the center bracket and plastic cover are seen on the bottom while the center mount is visible near the middle of the picture.
8. Separate the two seat backs to expose the center rod as shown in figure 4.
9. Save and label the pieces for future use.

1705609123376.png1705609134975.png
1705609158413.png1705609177413.png

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back