Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear lights tinted red

Jason Taylor

Montreal
Been fancying doing this for a while now, bought some film from eBay and had a professional install it, I think I’m quite happy with the end result, lights are dectane led’s

Attachments

• img_0790_162.jpeg
    img_0790_162.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 548
  • img_8905_189.jpeg
    img_8905_189.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 550
Really like that! Could you post a link to the film you bought please! I think I might do the same.

Can not tell u what an improvement that is over the normal Dectanes. :thumbs:

Yep, I like it too :)

I did the same thing with my LED tail lights.

I loved the look of the all reds, however the reverse lamp also becomes red, and the indicators are not clear to see whilst the brake lights are lit. So I had to settle on a thin tinted PPF over those areas.

The OEM all red incandescent tail light seem to have small clear sections to let the white and amber light through.

Attachments

• img_8468_911.jpeg
    img_8468_911.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 360
  • img_8466_355.jpeg
    img_8466_355.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 360
  • img_8465_804.jpeg
    img_8465_804.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 360
Just tried the indicators and they look very orange tbh, I’d imagine there are different levels of colour density, reverse does in fairness look a little pinkish but I think I can live with that

Attachments

• img_0828_205.jpeg
    img_0828_205.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 277
That's improved the Dectanes no end Jason. The all red look better Marc, but red indicators and reversing lights when lit probably looks a bit weird.

Ty has just tinted my rear .2 lights; the original red with the small clear section in the centre. They look amazing as they're a lacquer tint, not a film tint. I'll post a picture when I next see them.

For a temporary solution, the lights look quite good. Perhaps I'll keep them, especially as it masks the Christmas Light LEDs :dont know:

For a temporary solution, the lights look quite good. Perhaps I'll keep them, especially as it masks the Christmas Light LEDs :dont know:

Attachments

• rear_581.jpg
    rear_581.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 150
Been fancying doing this for a while now, bought some film from eBay and had a professional install it, I think I’m quite happy with the end result, lights are dectane led’s
Love this, exactly what i'm looking to do with mine. Have you had to get it through an MOT with the red tinted reverse lights yet?

Never mind the all red tails on turbo!
I can't believe that 1. No one is talking about how good your garage looks and 2. No mention of the saph cosworth sat on the other side!!!
Very cool 😎

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back