Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear light condensation - how bad is bad?

Richtw

Monza
New (to me) 992 rear lights are known to fog up etc but how bad is bad? Anyone like to comment on the attached images - warranty? Or normal?

Thank you

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    867.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    802.6 KB · Views: 22
Wouldn't say that this is normal at all.
Have had my rears on a previous car replaced for less condensation under warranty.

mine is like that

It will clear as the weather heats up -or you could take a hairdryer to it (careful not to melt the lens though)

Thanks - have it booked in to be looked at as warranty. Will see what the verdict is - my 997 did the same until i PPF'd the lens!

The drivers side rear lights are like that on the courtesy car I’m driving at the moment. It’s a 73 plate 911 Turbo, only done 2200 miles and it looks terrible.

New (to me) 992 rear lights are known to fog up etc but how bad is bad? Anyone like to comment on the attached images - warranty? Or normal?

Thank you
shouldn't be the case, poor build quality, dealer needs to sort
they vent and yes you get condensation but the problem has been solved over the last 25 years !

The root cause of condensation is a lack of air gap between the Outer lens and the internal structure within the lamp. All Headlamps and Rear lamps have breathers to allow pressure equalization within the lamp due to the heating and cooling effect of the light sources.
The 992 has a completely clear lens so its easy to see. However I think Porsche could have added anti mist coating to negate some of the effects

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back