Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE valves fixed

sib8292

A good day today, rear bumper cover off, freed up both valves and have broken the back of cleaning up everything before it goes back together.

I did find that the car had obviously had a small bump on the near side at some time, the bumper itself had been distorted at the n/s end. Came off the car with a bit of persuasion and after some work on it using my 70 year old bench vice and a lump hammer its now as straight as its going to be and now fits properly.

I also found that some monkey had mangled the clip on the loom connector that loves behind the bumper cover, probably when the bumper cover was replaced after the bump. It came apart eventually but its annoying to find things like that, Unnecessary.

Does anyone know if Porsche do a bumper fasteners replacement kit? It would be nice to refresh the 15 year old fixings.

Some tips for anyone like me tackling this for the first time. Have cans of penetrating oil and electrical cleaner to hand. Plus some towels to cover the body work and engine. Open the engine compartment cover before starting. And get the car jacked up on both sides to provide some clearance in the wheel arches so as to get at the fixings there (more comfortable too!)

Ps as mentioned in another post, I hadn't fixed it. So moral of story is check the jobs done before posting on 911UK!!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back