Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PS4S on a 991.2 GT3

DRZ911

Mugello
My 991.2 GT3 is not tracked by me, so considering the swap from PS Cup 2 tyres (excellent in the warm/dry) to PS4S to cope better with the wet/cold of normal year-round driving. :drive:

Hear on other forums that Michelin PS4S is approved for a 991.2 GT3. However, when I approached my OPC they said that no PS4S tyres (despite the relevant sizes being N-rated) are approved for my car, and if I fit them this will cause an issue at warranty renewal. :cigar:

Want to keep the warranty, so anyone else know different or have additional info on the PS4S on a 991.2 GT3 ?

That's surprising, they certainly don't have a problem going the other way as a friend of mine put Cup2s on his GTS, the thing that mattered was n-rating not whether they were the factory fit tyres :dont know:

Not sure that is correct, as I have the 991.1 GT3 and replaced my cup2 try red with Porsche rated Michelin Pilot4 Sports and no issue at all.

Good luck

DRZ911 said:
My 991.2 GT3 is not tracked by me, so considering the swap from PS Cup 2 tyres (excellent in the warm/dry) to PS4S to cope better with the wet/cold of normal year-round driving. :drive:

Hear on other forums that Michelin PS4S is approved for a 991.2 GT3. However, when I approached my OPC they said that no PS4S tyres (despite the relevant sizes being N-rated) are approved for my car, and if I fit them this will cause an issue at warranty renewal. :cigar:

Want to keep the warranty, so anyone else know different or have additional info on the PS4S on a 991.2 GT3 ?

I am probably going to do the same after the summer, or when the current Cup 2's are done on the Touring. I asked OPC Silverstone, where I bought the car, this specific question about the warranty, and they came back with the following:

Your warranty won't be an issue at all if you change your tyres, as long as they are N rated which they will be. So no problems at all.

I've also had a quote back from OPC Preston, and again, I asked the specific question about fitting them to a GT3, and they didn't raise any issue at all with the warranty.

I wouldn't rely on what any individual OPC tells me - read the full detail in your warranty / policy booklet wording, and go with what is stated in there. :thumb:

There may or may not be a footnote worth mentioning here. Cups have very stiff sidewalls and very low minimum pressures as a consequence (hence the significant difference in recommended pressures between summer and winter tyres on GT3s). If you switch then it may be worth looking into whether it will be advisable to run higher pressures. Just a thought.

:?:

Some interesting responses, so thank you very much. The conclusion from my OPC is .............
With regards PS4S, I understand that some sizes have been made available for some of the cars in the range, but GT3 is not one of them. I had our Porsche Tyre Agent check this specifically.
Porsche have not changed their stance at all with regards N rated tyres which they approve and co-ordinate with tyre manufacturers to have fitted to their model range – in fact it is a non-negotiable element. So if there are Porsche Centres who have chosen to ignore this, I imagine this will become an issue for them at some point.
So unfortunately no further on at this point. A shame, as I have had the PS4S on other 991 models and they are absolutely fantastic. :sad:

Just a thought, have you looked at the Dunlop Sportmax?

Mine came with those from factory and I'm led to believe they are a bit less track focused than the cup 2's ( although they are pretty good on track ).

Would like to resurrect this thread .........

Supposedly, the Michelin PS4S is now Porsche UK approved for both 991.1 and 991.2 GT3 fitment - can anyone confirm that this is indeed the case ?

I changed to PS4 on my 991.2 GT3, in July this year.

They are N0 rated, and I have been assured they are fine for warranty, so long as they are N rated.

I don't track the car, and they are perfect - best tyre I have ever used.

If you are fretting that much about the warranty, can't you just keep the old tyres and swap them back on for warranty inspection?

MC

MisterCorn said:
If you are fretting that much about the warranty, can't you just keep the old tyres and swap them back on for warranty inspection?

MC

There is no warranty issue.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back