Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche PDK now available for flagship Models

isysman

Daytona
Porsche dual-clutch transmission now available for flagship 718 models

09/08/2020

The Porsche 718 models with 4.0-litre six-cylinder boxer engines can now also be ordered with the seven-speed Porsche dual-clutch transmission (PDK).

b-P20_0481_a4_rgb.jpg

Both the Boxster and Cayman 718 GTS 4.0 variants, as well as the range-topping 718 Spyder and 718 Cayman GT4 models, are now available with either a seven-speed automatic PDK or a six-speed manual transmission.

With PDK, there are no interruptions in acceleration during gear changes. This increases the comfort of the gear shifts and improves the acceleration values.

Compared with the 718 models with the manual transmission, the 309 kW / 420 PS* (horsepower) GT models – the 718 Spyder and 718 Cayman GT4 – now accelerate from 0-100 km/h half a second faster, in 3.9 seconds. They reach the 200 km/h mark in 13.4 seconds (0.4 seconds faster).

The 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 and 718 Boxster GTS 4.0, both with 294 kW / 400 PS* (horsepower), also improve in the standard acceleration from 0-100 km/h by half a second to 4.0 seconds, and then reach the 200 km/h mark in 13.7 seconds (0.4 seconds faster compared with the manual transmission).

Click link for rest of story
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_AU/2020/products/porsche-dual-clutch-transmission-718-22151.html

Four seconds to 60 with PDK for the GTS!!! And 3.9 for the Spyder!

:eek:

isysman said:
Four seconds to 60 with PDK for the GTS!!! And 3.9 for the Spyder!

:eek:

991 430 bhp territory :thumb: . The wonders of PDK versus the slow and out of date manuals :grin:

So now they have allocated cars to the 'enthusiasts" they have released a model for those who think a red line is something to do with Covid :grin:

It's a shame the manuals are 4 and a half secs to 60. That's Mazda Mx5 territory :grin: :nooo:

Manuals for the dinosaurs, PDK for the drivers

I want PDK because I use my Boxster every day (when home) and I like the flexibility but if it was my weekend car I'd still get the manual.

nigel99 said:
Manuals for the dinosaurs, PDK for the drivers

mmmm...not sure about that...for many..myself included...the reverse is true.

There is more to the driving experience and involvement than 0-60 times...

I suspect your comment is a bit of a dog whistle ? :grin:

Sure the PDK is great and essential if the car is a daily..but as most of us will have these cars as occasional weekend toys....manual all the way its got to be surely ?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back