Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 997 turbo or Lotus Evora S?

jack.pe

Monza
Had the chance to borrow a friend's 997 Turbo this week and compare it to the Evora S. Power wise it was a bit David and Goliath but the Evora is better than you'd think. Very underrated car. However the 997 really is incredibly capable.
Made a video, let me know what you think!

Thanks for the kind words! Interesting on the 996..I thought it was widely accepted that the 997 had been sharpened up a tad after criticism that the 996s were a bit bland? certainly from memoryI found the 997 more involving.

One thing we can't tell is how the build quality is on the Lotus?

I'm assuming the comparison is only on the driveability and the build quality of Lotus v Porsche 997 is not part of the test. Has there been huge advances in Lotus's finish?

easternjets said:
One thing we can't tell is how the build quality is on the Lotus?

I'm assuming the comparison is only on the driveability and the build quality of Lotus v Porsche 997 is not part of the test. Has there been huge advances in Lotus's finish?

Build quality of course is not as good.. but it's better than it used to be and the interior is rattle free and feels solid on this car. Having said that there are known faults with airbag covers warping onnealeir cars. The later the car the better the quality generally speaking.

what do you want the car? once you know that you will have the answer

am sure the Lotus is great fun, much lighter and nimbler but would you want to run one in shite weather and all that

the turbo is just one of the best all round cars ever!

NLW73 said:
what do you want the car? once you know that you will have the answer

am sure the Lotus is great fun, much lighter and nimbler but would you want to run one in shite weather and all that

the turbo is just one of the best all round cars ever!

No question 997 is a better even day car. As you say it depends on what you're looking for really. I like the Evora but it would not be my only car. A 997 could be but feels ordinary by comparison..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back