Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM volume not working

leasky

Monza
Took my 2015 991.1 GTS for a run today and noticed that the PCM wasn't performing as it should; no volume, unable to play radio or CD and turning itself off and on every minute or so.

The Sat Nav worked as it should as did the phone but no joy with radio or CD player.

Any thoughts gents?

Thanks,

Colin.

What software version do you have?

nigel99 said:
What software version do you have?

Thanks for getting back to me. I think its whatever she left the factory with as I have not updated it.

Sorry I cant be of any further help with that one.

Colin.

I think if you scroll through the the menus the PCM software version is displayed somewhere. Worth doing so that someone may be able to help you.
Best of luck with a solution,
Mick

Have you tried a full reboot and Factory reset of the PCM??

* Reboot - - Press and hold info button for appx 10 secs.

* Re-Set - Complete reboot above first. Then press Car, Option , Select Set, PCM system, , select Reset PCM, , Vehicle hand over, Select Yes, then Yes again . This will delete all of your radio saved stations and bluetooth settings and reset the PCM.

* To check software version press - source & info buttons at the same time.

The full reset should fix your problem.

Regds
Jungle

Gents, thank you all for the guidance, pointers and assistance; that's it all sorted now.

Particular thanks to Nigel for his efforts and time.

A great forum :thumbs:

My volume control on the pcm (2015, 991) is turning but the volume isn’t going up or down, does anyone have a fix? There is noise, speakers working etc, just not adjustable. I’ve done a reset but still the same issue. Thanks

The reset you mentioned, did you do this ?

Press and hold the PCM info button for approximately 10 seconds until the PCM reboots.
Immediately select the following from the PCM CAR > OPTION > Set PCM System > Reset PCM > Vehicle Handover > Yes > Yes

option 2 is a hard reset
Hard Reset. you will need to disconnect the negative battery terminal, leave for 15 mins then reconnect.

Thanks Option 1 tried several times but no go. I’ll try option 2

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back