Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 2.1 navigation stuck in a location

Donstanley

Trainee
Hi

Yes I know the navigation on the PCM 2.1 is very ancient and useless compared to Waze etc, but I just like everything to work properly and I do use it occasionally.

As per title the navigation is stuck in one location and will not move from that location as if the GPS is not working. It does give directions from that location to a new selected address, but without going to the stuck location I am not sure the directions would work properly. I have never been to the stuck location.

I did remove the lead to the GPS antenna to fit a new cowl, and it does not make any difference if this lead is connected or not.

Does anyone know of any checks I can do to establish if it is a fault with the PCM or the connection to the antenna.

Regards
Don

Had that on mine while back ended up being the dash cam was to close to the GPS receiver moved it to the drivers side and fixed

I had this issue a few years back. it turned out to be the GPS antenna had failed. Replaced & it worked again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newbieporsche
Back