Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Opinions on this car pls. Red alert!

wilpert

Indianapolis
Yes I know this is a Porsche forum but I’ve been here a while and I value your opinions.
I’ve been looking at 458 spiders and I’ve realised that there aren’t any cheap ones out there unless they have a bad spec or loads of owners and poor history.

This one has a good spec, is a good price but it’s white and red.
I know people say buy what you like and I suppose I should listen to that but is this combo just too much:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202309282451695

Fwiw, my first Porsche had a red interior and I really liked it but it was hard to sell on.

"Is this combo just too much?"

Too much for what?
If you don't mind being looked at then buy it.
Would fit in well in Dubai.

Does not look bad on a Ferrari( not my first choice).
My Turbo S was same combo but sold reasonably quickly for a good value.

Well it's a no from me. Im not keen on that at all. I like white and red (I have an alpine white/red interior BMW) but not on that car. Just looks a bit gash imo. Only my opinion though. Buy what you like though mate. It's your car.

Buy it if you like it, don`t worry about selling on.

My favourite is dark grey/black with that interior

Pretty inoffensive for a ferrari. If you can live with it buy it! Wrapping the car is always an option too if you tire of the white.

I’m currently in Italy and have seen loads of Ferraris. None of them were white.

However, search AT for 458 Spiders and about a third of them ARE white. Either they sold a lot of them in white or they are hard to sell, depending on what your preference is.

My hunch is that they sell, just more slowly. The usual Rosso/Crema combo is a dead cert to sell, but it’s not very bold.

I’d probably struggle to work out whether to buy Grigio or Giallo.

White and red doesn't work in a Ferrari. It's doable in a Boxster but for some reason, whether it's the picture balance, it just doesn't look right. :dont know:

White and black/grey interior seems to work best

Looks great, if you like it then go for it. That’s all that really matters.

colour

That looks awful! Some lovely grey , silver and blue cars out there if you don't want resale red!

It’s a bit liveley but I do like it and I can’t justify the uplift for red exterior but I suppose I’d get it back come resale.

The cheeky thing is, they have upped the price by 2k for some reason, maybe they have had a few calls because it is well priced.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back