Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC marketing Rennsport restomods...?

Luddite

Indianapolis
Yeah I know I watch too many vids, however I thought this worth posting..?

I wonder what Porsche might think of an OPC marketing the products of others..? I guess when you think what RUF has done over the years and apparently with no issue arising from Porsche, then perhaps no problemo..?

I guess as OPC`s may be stand alone businesses they have to consider all sorts of options in these tricky times..?

can't see how they could as these are no official Porsche products, but doesnt stop an OPC from modifying a 911 into a restomod.
In fairness my wish is for OPC's to actually undertake work correctly for the cars they have today ! focus on that before heading off into these classic areas :sneaky:

RUF is the glorius exception for their relationship with Porsche

Many thanks for jumping in and commenting.
From the vid above it not only seems "they could" but are..?
It seems perhaps circa 3 years ago a Rennsport could be bought for £100K..?

I stumbled across this car for sale and then remembered seeing this thread a while ago -

1600.avif

Very odd in my view, it's not a "Porsche" Porsche is it, so why / how is a Porsche main dealer selling it? Are they going to start carrying Singer stock in the future? Or Tuthill?

They are still car sales dealers, which means they’ll sell anything…

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back