Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air cooled, the case for Synthetic fuels ?

Luddite

Indianapolis
As an old geezer the synthetic fuel issues seems unlikely to affect me or my car as much as it may affecter you younger folks, but the fuel thing was one of the numerous boxes ticked which helped tip the scales for me in terms of selecting a modern water cooled Porsche, as opposed to an air cooled 911, the latter fitting better my initial ideal on contemplating a return to Porsche ownership.

I suspect there is much confusion out there on bio fuels along with fake news which seems not not to help. I have read of some folk suffering power loss on E10 whether imagined or no I have no idea. I have also read of sludge build up in tanks and carbs of vehicles stored for long periods of time, but my old carb fed V8 seems not to have suffered any such situation to date, though I only run it on premium grade E5.

According to Porsche E10 is not considered as a suitable fuel for any air cooled Porsche, other than perhaps some restomods that may have had their fuel systems/engines modified to cope with later fuels...?

The following STG vid might be in some way interesting to those who hope to have decades more enjoyment out of their older ICE machinery...?

I think likewise market values of ICE vehicles seem likely to depend upon not only the ability to use them but also the convenience in relation to fuel acquisition and storage..?

https://youtu.be/kxsDxZmidtg

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back