Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Old Skool can also be fun to drive

I'm sure when the spring comes with some great drives, it will be amazing & joy to own. Cars like this are a real driving experience, and super cool too. I would love one of these one day. Looking forward to seeing more of it!

Gorgeous car, very jealous.
And you can never have too many spare sets of wheels.

Marky911 said:
If this one at 911V had been up for a similar price to my GT3s value I'd have been there like a shot. I'd have been fitting proper impact bumpers though. Those lightweight ones are horrid.

Anyway, enjoy your car. :thumb:
Yes that one at 911v is fascinating car, although the full cage bit too much for me personally. All these cars are totally different experience to newer cars. And that's what makes them great & more interesting:)

Marky911 said:
Very cool. 8)

Has it been detailed or resprayed? Looks great either way.

If this one at 911V had been up for a similar price to my GT3s value I'd have been there like a shot. I'd have been fitting proper impact bumpers though. Those lightweight ones are horrid.

Video -

https://youtu.be/L1D7oHz51eg

Listing -

https://911virgin.com/listings/911-3-0-sc-lightweight-1982/

Anyway, enjoy your car. :thumb:

Mine not been repainted, the previous owner found an original (non-rust car) and decided to make it into a bit of an outlaw type car - spending most of the money on the engine/ suspension/ gearbox etc

The paint is not in great condition - but I can live with it, being 45 years old some of it has discolored, it also had some stickers for a period - hence why I had it machine polished.

The 911virgin car looks great, love the interior, however, I could not live with a full roll cage, a bit too dangerous on the road unless you are willing to wear a harness/ helmet.

It is also 60% more expensive than mine was :eek:

Heavy rain for days washed the salt off the roads, and a dry morning meant most of the standing water was gone.

Perfect opportunity to warm the old girl up.

Attachments

• small_photo_371.jpg
    small_photo_371.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 4,137
I am with you in terms of Winter running vroomvroom, a dry day following rainy days to wash the salt off the roads seems ideal to bring otherwise laid-up machinery back to life, not to mention the effect of bringing the driver back to life somewhat also..

Not a criticism but an observation, the rear tyres seem to look a bit oversize, though admittedly my preference is for the more original look over that of modified in Classics.

I have to admit I quite like that except it's too much dough for me and the danger is the dream drive of an air cooled can be somewhat short lived :what:

Ah I see, right up my street if I hadn't committed to my other projects. My wife refuses to go in any of my cars so wouldn't be problem for me :lol:

Looks like great car for next owner. I'm sure it won't hang around. GLWS

tob_today said:
Ah I see, right up my street if I hadn't committed to my other projects. My wife refuses to go in any of my cars so wouldn't be problem for me :lol:

Looks like great car for next owner. I'm sure it won't hang around. GLWS

Nice collection :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back