Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No sound from PCM

Andy 997

Trainee
Hello folks. At the weekend i went out to the garage to start the car after a month or so of inactivity. Although i had connected the trickle charger, i had stupidly forgoten to switch it on. So of course the battery was completely drained. I switched on the charger and left it for 24hrs to charge the battery.
The car started first turn Woohoo!
But when i switched on the radio there was no sound. No radio, no Aux, no I pod. I reset the PCM by holding the ibfo button down for 10 secs, I reconnected my phobe to the car and called the wife. She got tge call but could not hear me, nor could i hear her, still no sound from the speakers.
This happened to me before and im sure there is a sequence of button presses i need to follow to solve this issue, but i cant remember what they are.
Can someone help an old forgetful 2009 Carrera S owner to get his Bose system going again. :dont know:

I think i will need to call Porsche and see if they can help. I have a trip booked at the end of the week and it would not be great if i cant have music. 😭😭, I hope its something simple. ☺

Look under the driver's seat and make sure it's nice and dry there .. no water bottles etc .

I suspect that due to a flat battery it might need what we call a vehicle Handover .. this is kind of a reset but a bit different from the key press on the pcm.

This has to be done with a tester so indy/opc i'm afraid unless you have one yourself .

Various things like heated seats , mirror dipping inop after a flat battery and this will cure .. even door puddle lights inop .. fixed one of those today with a handover .

If that doesn't work i would be looking at swapping out the amp with a known good to confirm the amp has died .

Whilst they do die its normally due to water ingress though .

Thanks for the replys, I did try the PCM 3 factory reset and the vehicle handover reset, but no joy im afraid. Will check for dampness tomorrow, I might try dissconnecting the battery for an hour to completely drain the systems. Then try reconnecting. Im thinking that maybe the battery wasnt complettely flat and was still providing a few volts to the systems, this may have confussed it all and a hard reboot might do the trick. :pc:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back