Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New front splitter

Diesel 54

Hi guys hope Christmas went well and wishing you a very happy,healthy new year.
sadly whilst out for lunch Christmas Day someone decided to nick the front splitter off my car😞I’m so pissed off so I’m looking to replace it.
Any sales on at the minute I’d leave it without one but it’s just not the same. Do you have tips for securing the new one ?
thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1413.jpeg
    IMG_1413.jpeg
    676.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1414.png
    IMG_1414.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 23
On no, that’s not good at all

They unfortunately secured with plastic clips which are designed to absorb low speed impacts to avoid deforming and thus protect the bumper.

You can use fixed screws. As I did the same on my former 996, when I was tracking the car. I believe I did this when I had my front bumper off at the time, so was just nuts and bolts.

However when fixed the plastic deforms if you have an off on a track day, but if you’re not tracking it then the risks are lower.

Thank you for your reply, it’s due a service soon so I’ll get my mechanic to have a look at doing that.
they don’t look good for long so I do have it resprayed from time to time. The one they took was pretty new tbf, its been well looked after so I was gutted when I found it missing.
happy new year

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back