Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 996.2 GT3 owner - PCCB pad recommendations

mrboons

Hi everyone,

I've just treated myself to my first 911, going in with both feet with a lovely 996.2 GT3 Clubsport which is really nicely specced. Photos to follow when I pick up in a couple of weeks time.

In the meantime, just looking for some advice. The car has PCCB fitted, front pads are about 35% worn and rear are 45% worn. What % wear should I be replacing at with PCCBs so as not to damage the rotors? And what do people recommend as the pad replacement of choice.

Driving will be a modest amount of mileage each year (>3k) mainly Uk / French roads and some limited track days (one or two per year - I have a much cheaper Caterham which I can use for that with much less worry about damage!!).

Thanks in advance
Chris

I change my pads between 40-50% which is around 5mm thickness. New pads are 10mm or 12mm thick if I remember rightly so I would get new front pads as a minimum. Do you know when the rears was last changed? I read on here that it is also advised to change the pads every 5 years due to deterioration of the pad friction material.

I just use the Porsche oe pad which now has a 997 part number. I just changed my front pads at a cost of £533 plus fitting. I've read of horror stories where delaminating of the rotors has happened after where aftermarket pads had been used. I'd be devastated at the 18k bill for new rotas from Porsche.

However surface transform do new rotas for half that of Porsche and are meant to be much better so that's my plan when the time comes.

Thanks. Not sure on the age of rears. The car has had pretty light use, so they could be fairly old. Came through an OPC inspection with no particular comment but might just be worth replacing the lot for peace of mind.

I would advocate staying away from tracks with the early generation PCCB. Most all users from that era swap for a steel disc for longevity and peace of mind.

Very easy to trash these so, if, they are actually mint after 20 ears ish put the carbons discs in a box for posterity and any future owner. :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Will.i.am911
Back