Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MOST adapter Help

dave421

Hi All

I'm am currently fitting a new head unit but having trouble with the MOST adapter. Basically it does not work with the new head unit but does work with the pcm 2.1 (connected in place of the cd changed).

My question is do I need to by pass the OEM phone module or am I missing something obvious???

TIA....

Which HU are you using, and where did you get the MOST adapter?

You should not have to do anything to the other units within the MOST loop. However the MOST system relies upon a loop of laser light, so the loop has to be complete. Forgive me if you know this already.

By this I mean that the orange 'cables' - with fibre-optic within - go around the car in a loop. Although it looks like it is just in/out, the in does not come from the same place as the out goes to. There is a specific order but essentially it does something like 'amp - HU - CD changer - SatNav DVD - Telephone'.

So the first thing I would do is make sure I had not disconnected any of the other units in the loop. If you have, they need to have a bypass loop inserted, or be reconnected. Plenty for sale on eBay, make sure you have the right male / female socket.

I did not have to bypass anything until I wanted the space in the front trunk, when I removed the CD and DVD units, using bypass loops.

The MOST unit itself simply needs power and earth. This should really be switched power, otherwise you will drain the battery. I used the antenna output signal from the HU (turns on and off with the HU). If its powered on you should see light coming out of one of the holes.

Rich

Hi Rich

Thank you for your reply, I have a "Mr12volt" most adapter. It works fine with the pcm 2.1 but as soon as i disconnect the pcm unit and connect up the new android HU no sound. I have notice that when the MOST unit is powered up no red lights?
If I refit the pcm everything works fine (MOST through Multi cd option on the PCM)

I am assuming this MOST unit does not work like the others?????

Thanks Again...

Hi guys,
I'm about to install the mr12volt model and need to install the loop connector behind the cd changer in the boot.
So I removed the plastic surround covering the changer and the nav unit that is sat on top of the change.
Both units are fixed in metals cases. How do I undo the changer to get to the back of it as the screws on the left side no way can be undone with a screw driver as no space.
Any advise ? :?:

Hi

You do not need to remove the metal cage, there are two slots at the bottom of the nav unit (I assume its the same for the cd changer). Just insert the keys and pull them out. This is how my nav unit comes out (I never had a cd changer)

Dave,

The 'Mr 12v' adapter is a replacement for the CD changer. Essentially it plugs into the loop in place of the multichanger and fools the HU into thinking it's the same thing.

It is not an adaptor for a non-MOST HU. These take RCA (phono in old money) outputs and convert them into optical.

Non-MOST HU's will not recognise anything in the MOST loop - they are not programmed to and are not directly connected to them. So if you are hoping that your new HU will recognise your CD changer, you are going to be disappointed. The reason for a MOST adapter is to allow the HU to send the signal to the MOST-driven Bose amp. No more, no less

Does that clear anything up?

Richard

yes there are two slots at the bottom of the nav unit so that's no issue but can't see any slots for the changer.
How do I get to the back of the changer :sad:

Rick,
How did you manage to access the back of the changer ?

The CD changer In mine was bolted to the right (from the front) sidewall of the frunk. There are 3 bolts if I remember correctly and can all be accessed without taking out the carpet.

The DVD is more of a pig; it is held in by a lever that you need to lever towards you (I think) to get it to slide up. Ot is obvious when it out, of course.

That said, I think that different models have the Multichangers in different positions - mine is a 997.1 C4S.

Richard

o right.
Mine is a 997 C2S so changer is fitted in the compartment in front of the battery and nav sits on top of the changer.
Anybody know how to get to the back of the cd changer in a 997 C2S ?

I've figured it out.
You just pull it towards you hard and it slides off the clips :frustrated:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back