Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan Turbo Buying Gotcha's?

Yes, buy the GTS instead. I've heard a few owners go from Turbo to GTS as it's a better drive

you need to check the timing chain covers,
they leak and its about £4500 to fix

the problem being you need to remove the under tray and look from below, you cant see the leaks from the top of the engine

apparently the covers are plastic

it applies to the 3.6 Macan turbo but not the 3.0 S/GTS

its very common / if it hasn't been done its probably going to need doing

when I had the last oe done, my OPC had 3 more waiting to be done , so be warned

FZP said:
Yes, buy the GTS instead. I've heard a few owners go from Turbo to GTS as it's a better drive

This, the GTS is a much more enjoyable car :wink:

subscribed as also looking at getting a Macan. Struggling to decide on either an early year turbo c£35k or paying a bit more and getting a 2019 3.0 S for c£45k. Much prefer the look of the newer model but like the idea of the extra power with th turbo.

mark pearce said:
you need to check the timing chain covers,
they leak and its about £4500 to fix

the problem being you need to remove the under tray and look from below, you cant see the leaks from the top of the engine, apparently the covers are plastic

it applies to the 3.6 Macan turbo but not the 3.0 S/GTS

its very common / if it hasn't been done its probably going to need doing.
when I had the last one done, my OPC had 3 more waiting to be done , so be warned

Many thanks Mark, you helped me dodge a bullet there, as I was off to view it today!!

A little more (albeit early) research suggests that this problem seems to occur on all the petrol V6 models (well on youtube anyway), although I need to investigate further. It seems that the aluminium bolts holding the cover to the engine block, are not up to the job and simply snap / break.

At the same time I am also gutted, as this issue has completely put me off the Macan! I have yet to establish if the OPC repaired cars use an alternative style bolt, or will the issue simply re-appear again?

Can anyone who has experienced this comment?

I spotted the below post on the PCGB forum, which does give me a bit more comfort, as the official repair no longer requires the engine out. Elsewhere, it is stated that the replacement bolts have been upgraded and the cost of this fix is indicated to be well under £1k...

Can any owners comment on the real world MPG figures for the V6 S petrol and diesel engines?

Attachments

• macan1_110.jpg
    macan1_110.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 324

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back