Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan Cracked Door Handles

Peterc4s

Hi I have also posted on Macan forum , I had my door handles replaced under extended warranty a year ago , they are cracked again ... anyone have a fix for this as I am now out of warranty and I don't feel i am going to get any joy from Porsche. Its an obvious fault in the design , they accepted this in North America apparently ( Bulleting 1901 Part ID 5711)
any thoughts, advise or comments much appreciated

Your car might be out of warranty but check the date they were replaced before as iirc they should be guaranteed for 12 months from time of fitting.

T8 said:
Your car might be out of warranty but check the date they were replaced before as iirc they should be guaranteed for 12 months from time of fitting.
I have been told that as they were last replaced under warranty then the repair is not warranteed ... :?

I'd double check that with Porsche Cars GB at Reading. It may be the case but I wouldn't take an OPC's word for it.

It's the part that's failed and Porsche claim they guarantee all genuine parts for 12 months.

Unfortunately if a part is replaced under warranty then it's only guaranteed until the end of the warranty period ..

Ie if replaced 1 day before the warranty expires then you have 1 day warranty on it .

I'm not aware of this cracking issue to be honest .. can you post a picture or two .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back