Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking to buy but I can''t find it ?

alex yates said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-turbo-997/porsche-911-997-turbo-tiptronic-s-2006/7946104

porsche-911-turbo-997-turbo-tiptronic-s-S3193145-1.jpg

Although, if it was me, with a £70k budget and a lover of going topless:

:grin:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...techart-cabriolet----1-previous-owner/4959552

porsche-911-turbo-997-turbo-pdk-S2529853-1.jpg

I left a deposit on the red Lawton Brook car above and later changed my mind and got a refund, looks a great car but the blue interior put me off.

The red Techart Cabrio I also enquired about and was told it sold ages ago.

Re: Food for thought

Main Force Patrol said:
Aero Kit to fit is very expensive, I am guessing we are talking £3k to buy and £3k fit, or am I way off ? Because to me at that price I would go for it, to get the look I'm after.

https://teile.com/en/porsche-tequipment-shop/model-911-997/15/Exterieur/AeroKit/212#group-401

New Aerokit CUP for Carrera - £4K + fitting/ paint
Used Aerokit CUP for Carrera - £3K + fitting/ paint

Used Turbo Aerokit - £3250 + fitting/ paint

I would have thought any of the above would fit within a £6K total budget.

Obviously better to buy one with it fitted if you can as they do not seem to sell for a premium.

Best of luck with your hunt.

I had a full suspension sysytem done with Tech9 many years back. Helpful guys and work was completed as agreed.

Not sure if this helps at all?

Welcome to the forum, There is very little you can't retrofit on there cars , either OE or aftermarket. I suggest you find the right red gen2 for you either NA or turbo or a gen1 turbo . reserve 10k of the 70k for mods bodykit etc. that way you will end up with exactly what you want , and when its time to sell change it back to stock as theres no disputing guys prefer to buy stock cars. and then sell the bits you added. the problem with 70k is its now also put you in 991.1 reach which gives you more to consider having said that the 991 is not at the bottom of its depreciation curve yet but do you gamble that it may be considered to be the last true NA 911 by many in the future and command a premium over the 3ltr turbo thing thats the 991.2.
Although its difficult as many are already saying the 997.2 is the last true 911 as the 991.1 got a bit fat and GT like. very hard to predict what future thoughts will be. But whatever you buy drive it and enjoy it. :thumb:

Re: Food for thought

maph said:
Main Force Patrol said:
Aero Kit to fit is very expensive, I am guessing we are talking £3k to buy and £3k fit, or am I way off ? Because to me at that price I would go for it, to get the look I'm after.

https://teile.com/en/porsche-tequipment-shop/model-911-997/15/Exterieur/AeroKit/212#group-401

New Aerokit CUP for Carrera - £4K + fitting/ paint
Used Aerokit CUP for Carrera - £3K + fitting/ paint

Used Turbo Aerokit - £3250 + fitting/ paint

I would have thought any of the above would fit within a £6K total budget.

Obviously better to buy one with it fitted if you can as they do not seem to sell for a premium.

Best of luck with your hunt.

Thanks that's just what I was after..... :thumbs:

Ken White said:
I had a full suspension sysytem done with Tech9 many years back. Helpful guys and work was completed as agreed.

Not sure if this helps at all?

It does, many Thanks :)

Phil 997 said:
Welcome to the forum, There is very little you can't retrofit on there cars , either OE or aftermarket. I suggest you find the right red gen2 for you either NA or turbo or a gen1 turbo . reserve 10k of the 70k for mods bodykit etc. that way you will end up with exactly what you want , and when its time to sell change it back to stock as theres no disputing guys prefer to buy stock cars. and then sell the bits you added. the problem with 70k is its now also put you in 991.1 reach which gives you more to consider having said that the 991 is not at the bottom of its depreciation curve yet but do you gamble that it may be considered to be the last true NA 911 by many in the future and command a premium over the 3ltr turbo thing thats the 991.2.
Although its difficult as many are already saying the 997.2 is the last true 911 as the 991.1 got a bit fat and GT like. very hard to predict what future thoughts will be. But whatever you buy drive it and enjoy it. :thumb:

Thanks for all the food for thought, I've been very lucky with my Lotus I have as it has slowly appreciated, so I was hoping in some way to emulate that performance with a wise buy with the Porsche too. Although I would be more than happy with a modest loss, after all this is the retirement present from me to me, so I don't want to get too fixated with future prices.
I know what floats my boat in terms of looks, so as you said it's up to me to make it happen by reserving the right amount of cash to get where I want to be.... Cheers

What about a red wrap if your struggling to find the colour you want!

Buy the car with the area kit etc on that you like the look of and then get it wrapped in Sir's preferred shade of red! 8)

Solutions for the young at heart

monster said:
What about a red wrap if your struggling to find the colour you want!

Buy the car with the area kit etc on that you like the look of and then get it wrapped in Sir's preferred shade of red! 8)

Wow, never thought about that, thanks. I think that's a function of my age, I had wrapping listed in my head as Footballers/ Rappers with camouflaged Bentleys. :boogie:

£70k is GTS money with change.....that's where my money would go. Or like Phil said a 991.1 S.

I reckon that a 997.2 Turbo PDK with the aero kit is to head in the right direction, but as suggested by Mr Monster above, you could buy any car with the right interior and spec, and then get it wrapped.

Then all you'll need to do is add some bigger intercoolers, new manifolds and sports cats, and a gentle remap, and you'll have a car that absolutely fly! :mrgreen:

:pc:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back