Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Key and Spare key locked in Boot

pauldirisblue

Hi Guys
Having a nightmare, I have the plastic spare key which opens the drivers door but does not enable any cabin power. I'm aware of the emergency manual release cable in the passenger side wheel arch however due to where the car is kept access is nigh on impossible. The battery is fully charged presently. I was wondering if anyone knows if I run the battery down (Ill just have to keep the hazards and parking light on for a few days) and then apply 12v to the fusebox terminal to enable opening of the hood, will this only work with the key fob (Which is in the boot) or will the manual opening switch on the drivers rocker panel open the boot work as well? Any info would be highly appreciated
Paul

The manual drivers rocker panel switch will work yes.
Well going by there fact mine does

I won't ask how you managed to lock the car and leave both keys in the frunk! :eek:

Anyway, does the battery have to be flat before applying power to the fuse box terminal :dont know:

pauldirisblue said:
...I have the plastic spare key which opens the drivers door but does not enable any cabin power.
...will the manual opening switch on the drivers rocker panel open the boot work as well?

Have you not tried that already? Did it not work?

Went for a very painful mechanical release, and all is good, Fxxxxx phew, Thanks for the advice, Canvassed views and took my balls in my hand, I've learnt at lot from this, Message is dont lock your keys in the boot, then run the battery down, Thanks guys

Glad you got it sorted! :thumbs:

I was interested in finding a wiring solution to this ..

If you unplugged the rear Control unit which is under the passenger's seat , plug A pin 19 blue wire .. put a 12 volt feed to this and the boot would open .

That's the feed wire for the boot motor .

This is where the confusion rises for boot/engine compartment! Anyway here is the wiring for a 2005 car.

Attachments

• screenshot_2022_01_29_at_190129_113.jpg
    screenshot_2022_01_29_at_190129_113.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 913

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back