Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

JLR Disco Sport worse car ever?BMW/Audi dealers worse still!

jonttt said:
Trouble is I'm used to getting some nice perks from the premium brands due to our car fleet, Skoda are struggling with that :roll: range rover have put me up in a nice castle next week all expenses paid to try to get me in a new FFRR, hopefully I'll be picking my new 7 series up on the way there :floor:

Don't Skoda offer a free weekend in Chernobyl :dont know:

Had 3 and still have 1 but don't buy them anymore. On a new full fat 2016 RR Autobiography SVR the car turned up with a completely different interior to what was ordered. Useless dealers and useless cars if you plan to keep more than 12 months :wink:

spongebob squarepants said:
easternjets said:
Go to ANY sh@it hole in the world and 99% of them drive Toyota Landcruisers/Hilux's they just don't break down.

Yep we have 330 of them :grin: as for the Ad blue it drinks it. Oil diluted with?

Ever wondered when you see the TV news you never see a Disco in Afghanistan?

Imagine the scene, the Taliban turn up at the Land Rover dealership,

the disco broke down on the way home from a job last night

4 of my brothers were killed by the western infidels

no warranty claim needed, they just burn down the dealership and shoot the staff.

Most dangerous job in the world, working for L R In Afghanistan

mark pearce said:
spongebob squarepants said:
easternjets said:
Go to ANY sh@it hole in the world and 99% of them drive Toyota Landcruisers/Hilux's they just don't break down.

Yep we have 330 of them :grin: as for the Ad blue it drinks it. Oil diluted with?

Ever wondered when you see the TV news you never see a Disco in Afghanistan?

Imagine the scene, the Taliban turn up at the Land Rover dealership,

the disco broke down on the way home from a job last night

4 of my brothers were killed by the western infidels

no warranty claim needed, they just burn down the dealership and shoot the staff.

Most dangerous job in the world, working for L R In Afghanistan

:floor:

Land Cruisers are king, simples. Even when they are armoured and smashed around the oilfields daily over baked rippled graded dessert with mega miles they still dont grumble.

They also run on tickover all day most days as the teams sit waiting for a client in 50 degree heat, never get switched off. 250-300 thousand Kilometres, in to Toyota for a refurb, and start all over again! Madness

jonttt said:
DynoMike said:
jonttt said:
We have just picked up a Skoda Kodiac for one of my Business Managers. He has previously been a Mercedes guy but recently started a family, bought his first house etc... and so wanted something practical as a company car (his merc was stolen off his drive without the keys a few weeks ago but that's another thread) and save some cash on car tax as well.

Its a top of the range model but I was really impressed with the size of it (it felt as big as my FFRR inside) and features / build quality. It has the new Skoda infotainment system which was very flash and basically just a lot of car of the money. It was a stock car as we needed one quick so has the lower power Diesel engine (150BHP I think) but reading reviews that is the one to get and with Audi's DSG auto box it was pretty impressive to drive. I'm betting the Audi group reliability will be much better than RR so to me it was a much better (and cheaper) buy than the discovery sport he also looked at. Nb its also 7 seats.

I've just gone for a new Superb estate, same infotainment system as your friend's etc, a very impressively equipped car. Leather seats, electric everything, 2 litre petrol 220 hp motor, it goes very well.

For some balance though, the dsg pooped itself after 78 miles from new! 3 week wait for a new box..... Since then it has been lovely to drive, can squeek over 600 miles to a tank and will top 150 mph, what's not to like? All this for less than £30k.

Yep we have just ordered x2 superb sport saloons for regional managers. They are currently in shock as they are going from A4s but they will get over it when they take home more wonga :grin:

Trouble is I'm used to getting some nice perks from the premium brands due to our car fleet, Skoda are struggling with that :roll: range rover have put me up in a nice castle next week all expenses paid to try to get me in a new FFRR, hopefully I'll be picking my new 7 series up on the way there :floor:

Your a very bad man :floor:

...heard those Ssangyong Rextons are tough as old boots as well when the going/climate gets tough.

Worrying reading indeed, I have just bought the wife a 2016 disco sport from my local JLR dealer, it has covered 9000 miles and is an ex company vehicle that they give to generate used stock.

We have covered just over 1000 miles since purchase, the car has been back once already for very poor brakes, which they claim are normal yet still they drag at low speed and you really have to stand on them to get a reasonable stopping distance. We have just had to call them again for the following issues.

1)Service light has come on already!
2)Windscreen trim on the side pillar flew off on the motorway the other day
3)Dab radio appears to have a mind of its own and keeps disappearing, only way to get it back is fully reset of the head unit.
4)Brakes are still *****

On points 1 and 3 above I have found from this thread and others searches online that these appear to be common well known issues

We have been given a booking date of the first week of December for them to look at the car! We have owned the car just 2 months so far....

I feel partly responsible here as I was encouraging the wife to buy this as it was the car she wanted, I'm now beginning to regret that, I will be off to the dealer at the weekend to demand answers....

I hope its not an ex experience day car :eek:

basilbrush said:
Worrying reading indeed, I have just bought the wife a 2016 disco sport from my local JLR dealer, it has covered 9000 miles and is an ex company vehicle that they give to generate used stock.

We have covered just over 1000 miles since purchase, the car has been back once already for very poor brakes, which they claim are normal yet still they drag at low speed and you really have to stand on them to get a reasonable stopping distance. We have just had to call them again for the following issues.

3)Dab radio appears to have a mind of its own and keeps disappearing, only way to get it back is fully reset of the head unit.
4)Brakes are still *****

On points 1 and 3 above I have found from this thread and others searches online that these appear to be common well known issues

We have been given a booking date of the first week of December for them to look at the car! We have owned the car just 2 months so far....

I feel partly responsible here as I was encouraging the wife to buy this as it was the car she wanted, I'm now beginning to regret that, I will be off to the dealer at the weekend to demand answers....

Be prepared for them to be thick skinned on this, they probably constantly deal with complaints & will be experts at blanking your concerns & issues. You'll probably leave the dealership having spent money on an upgrade or two :roll:

basilbrush said:

4)Brakes are still *****

Save for the trim flying off I can match all your issues :sad: Including the booking time to try to fix the thing. Loud Squueeky brakes is an extra they cannot fix and re occurs constantly, I reckon if they tweet your widget while its in youll be okay (oh and change the oil obviously) :thumb:

I feel guilty now ive been blaming Mrs Sponge for the DAB issue!

I should add for balance we now use a 2007 100,000mile freelander 2 HSE for mileage and it hasn't put a foot wrong in 12 months. Nothing rattles and other than the 32 mpg (yes 2 mpg better than the disco sport with the same engine) it has cost us a service and nothing else.

On reading this is probably cements the argument rather than mitigates it

Benjs said:
I should add for balance we now use a 2007 100,000mile freelander 2 HSE for mileage and it hasn't put a foot wrong in 12 months. Nothing rattles and other than the 32 mpg (yes 2 mpg better than the disco sport with the same engine) it has cost us a service and nothing else.

This would support what I/my Indy said about the last of the Freelanders....they just seem to keep going on and on and we're the best ones ever bolted together by LR.

wizard993 said:
Benjs said:

This would support what I/my Indy said about the last of the Freelanders....they just seem to keep going on and on and we're the best ones ever bolted together by LR.

Fc U.K. The one we had wasn't! 2 years old major failure centre differential if I remember correctly. The local indy bodged it and we traded it in...

In other news the exhaust filter warning light came on tonight. Needs driving at 40-60 for twenty mins to fix. Funny Mrs Sponge been round the M60 at 70 today!
Pile of shiiiite. She also took it to JLR at Knutsford...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back