Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I have you now...

apollokre1d said:
Scholester said:
You have racked up nearly as many miles as i have managed in the last 4 1/2 years!

Disgraceful :D
Yes, i will self-administer a thousand lashes and primise to watch re-runs of Last Of The Summer Wine for a whole month. 🙃

stunning car :thumb: 997 all the way :puh:

congratulations.

few Londoner Porsche friends have emigrated to Scotland last year, and im always envious of their facebook, twitter and instagram posts on deserted open roads with glorious backdrops :sad:

Loving your 993T gv.
How does it compare dynamically to the 997? Would you do a swapsy if the current owner was willing!?
I have a soft spot for the '89 5-speed 930 and could be tempted if the price diffencial over my [better] car was not so great.

Scholester said:
Loving your 993T gv.
How does it compare dynamically to the 997? Would you do a swapsy if the current owner was willing!?
I have a soft spot for the '89 5-speed 930 and could be tempted if the price diffencial over my [better] car was not so great.

Well I'd spent alot to get the 993 into shape, full suspension refresh inc PSS10's with fast road geo, it was glorious. I suppose it was tighter and lighter !

The 997 very much reminds me of those times, albiet more modern, however with so many years past and tainted memories I might just be talking gibberish :)

The 911 is unique in the way its evolved, each iteration a masterpiece for its time. This gives us lucky owners the chance to pick and choose our heroes through time.

guyvert1 said:
Guys,

Thanks for the kind words, waking up this morning and seeing it on the drive, its all a bit surreal.

Whilst sorting out my pics, I found another half decent one, also found one of my long lost and sooo missed 993... :bow:

I can see why you would miss the 993 ....Arena red has to be the best 993 colour of all.........!

guyvert1 said:
I can see why you would miss the 993 ....Arena red has to be the best 993 colour of all.........!

Probably why they chose it as the 'launch colour' for the 993 Turbo. Polar Silver was aslo an excellent colour on the 993.

guyvert1 said:
Scholester said:
Loving your 993T gv.

Well I'd spent alot to get the 993 into shape, full suspension refresh inc PSS10's with fast road geo, it was glorious. I suppose it was tighter and lighter !

The 997 very much reminds me of those times, albiet more modern, however with so many years past and tainted memories I might just be talking gibberish :)

The 911 is unique in the way its evolved, each iteration a masterpiece for its time. This gives us lucky owners the chance to pick and choose our heroes through time.
That sums things up nicely :thumbs:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back