Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I collected my 997.2 GT3

Congratulations!

What a pretty car. Please bombard this thread with photos :)

Congratulations!

I made the same change back in 2014 and still feel honoured to own such an incredible machine!

My turbo was tuned to around 520hp and went like stink but the GT3 is just in another league as a sports car. I shall be keeping it until I can no longer manoeuvre into the bucket seat (I am 67).

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 2f1bb100_251b_49f7_9154_b9fc5ba71635_867.jpeg
    2f1bb100_251b_49f7_9154_b9fc5ba71635_867.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 4,743
TJB996TT said:
Congratulations!

I made the same change back in 2014 and still feel honoured to own such an incredible machine!

My turbo was tuned to around 520hp and went like stink but the GT3 is just in another league as a sports car. I shall be keeping it until I can no longer manoeuvre into the bucket seat (I am 67).

Enjoy!

Stunning looking car I hope I still have mine when I'm 67 (I'm 45 now)

CONGRATS....enjoy

IbanezDan said:

Someone's got a keen eye :)

I know I know.....Ive been debating this for the last couple of months. Its ironic I make big decisions for work many times a day yet this I've been procrastinating about. The car just isnt getting used and when I do use it I'm scared half to death about where it's parked, a bird my crap on it etc etc.

It's certainly not a cost decision. Nothing wrong with the car what so ever and I'm not planning on replacing it with anything else either. I've come to the conclusion it's not being used by me and whilst it can sit in the garage in it's pyjamas someone else may as well have it and use it.

If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer by all means.

One of my fave cars of all time. 8500rpm on road and track so rude :D Sound intoxicating too. Hang on to them.

Haywoon said:
IbanezDan said:

I know I know.....Ive been debating this for the last couple of months. Its ironic I make big decisions for work many times a day yet this I've been procrastinating about. The car just isnt getting used and when I do use it I'm scared half to death about where it's parked, a bird my crap on it etc etc.

It's certainly not a cost decision. Nothing wrong with the car what so ever and I'm not planning on replacing it with anything else either. I've come to the conclusion it's not being used by me and whilst it can sit in the garage in it's pyjamas someone else may as well have it and use it.

I felt exactly like this with my R32 and C63 prior to owning my GT3. What I told myself, is I MUST use it, or I'll end up feeling the same. So far I have managed to do the same mileage in my Gt3 that I did in my C63 and R32 combined in the 5 years I owned them! (However thats still only a little over 1k miles..)

You'll miss it when its gone but unless you're going to use it then it is a waste.

IbanezDan - and thats where I have arrived at.

I'm very lucky in that my daily is an RS6 so I have the luxury of a pretty nippy ride - its no GT3 of course but as an all rounder it suits me nicely which is another reason the GT3 sits in the garage for most of the year and I could only see that happening more so as time went on.

I hope whoever buys it uses it more than I ever did because its an outstanding car to both look at and drive.

Haywoon said:
IbanezDan - and thats where I have arrived at.

I'm very lucky in that my daily is an RS6 so I have the luxury of a pretty nippy ride - its no GT3 of course but as an all rounder it suits me nicely which is another reason the GT3 sits in the garage for most of the year and I could only see that happening more so as time went on.

I hope whoever buys it uses it more than I ever did because its an outstanding car to both look at and drive.

At least you are still getting your petrol head fix from something naughty! Ill forgive you ;)

Two of my favourite cars, RS6 / GT3 ..

I've had the RS6, but waiting for GT3 to magically appear :)

I could of sworn prices were stabilising for the GT3's but I can wait ...

If I was doing track days I'd have a 997 or 991 GT3 it would be a really difficult choice as they're the same money both GT3 and GT3 RS. I don't buy as I simply do not go on track enough and would worry I smash it up. Hm maybe build your own track Imi Now there's an idea :?: :whistle: :grin:

gt3

Hi Haywoon
I've had my eye on this car .
Can I ask how heavy you found the clutch ? I've heard a lot of reports that it's unbearable around town in traffic , and others that say it's perfectly ok .
My previous was a 993
Regards

Re: gt3

Tappy said:
Hi Haywoon
I've had my eye on this car .
Can I ask how heavy you found the clutch ? I've heard a lot of reports that it's unbearable around town in traffic , and others that say it's perfectly ok .
My previous was a 993
Regards

Hi Tappy - I've haven't ever found it heavy - I had a 996 turbo before th3 GT3 and a 996 C4S before that and I cant say as I noticed a great deal of difference other than the GT3 in my humble opinion was much nicer to drive day to day than my 996 turbo but then it was a much newer car.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Haywoon said:
IbanezDan said:

Hi Haywoon,

Morning from a newbie member and hopefully soon to be owner (I've put some background info on the newbie page about the journey!)

I have been looking at this car online and plan to go and view it this week if it works around my shift pattern.
I assume you don't own the vehicle now, or are John Holland selling on your behalf? Just wondering if there are any issues or niggles to be aware of before heading over to view it?
I noticed the front discs are scored on the images. Other than that, cosmetically it looks stunning!

This is my first footsteps into the Porsche World, but it's been a long time coming.... I am just coming to the end of living a rallying dream in my Lancia Integrale GrpA car, and strangely, a GT3 is a much cheaper option to play out in :)
Any info on the car would be greatly appreciated...

Matt

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back