Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hartech C4S build thread

Engine work list

Remove engine, strip, clean & prepare for re-assembly, re-assemble with all new gaskets & seals, strip & clean ancillaries, re-fit to engine, re-fit unit to car, re-commission with new fluids, a/c re-charge etc. & test.

All new high strength oversize aluminium alloy nickel silicon plated closed deck wet liners (all 6 cylinders).

New performance oversize pistons.

New crank shaft main & thrust bearing set.

New performance big end bearing set.

New timing chain set with new guide rails.

Intermediate shaft conversion (sprocket to accommodate an improved larger bearing as per the 2006 onwards revision).

Basic cylinder head overhauls (strip down, de-coke heads & valves, re-lap valves to seats, skim & re-assemble with new valve stem oil seals).

New lower temperature thermostat.

New spark plugs.

New oil/air separator.

New water pump.

3 New vent lines.

New oil cooler.

New evap valve.

New starter motor wiring harness.

New coolant tank.

4 New coolant hoses/pipes.

4 New brake pipe sections at the rear of the car.

Numerous snapped fixing repairs.

Various minor works etc.

Numerous snapped fixing repairs.

Various minor works etc.

I don't get it? From your first post above (end June) you decide to repair your (quite lovely) C4s engine to Hartech 3.9 but then just over 6 weeks later you have decided to sell it. How come?
I appreciate personal circumstances change but that is a sure fire way to lose money as there is no way you would ever break even on your outlay. Surely you need to keep the car another 10 years and regularly drive it to get your monies worth. If selling was the plan all along it would have made more financial sense to sell it with a blown engine for someone else to rebuild.
Maybe I'm missing something?

Munky

Missing nothing load , plan was to build to sell as cars almost worthless in bits, fall back is I keep the car which is a win win for me .Comfortable enough to take either situation luckily .

BTW I've corrected add as forgot about the currency mention as I'm in Ireland. 😉

Got some good responses to my for sale ad so will be in contact with everyone soon. Car I believe is currently being mapped and dynoed as I delayed engine going back in the car to replace all 7 water hoses(Rubber /metal) that if failed in the future would necessitate Eng removal.one hose was dodgy but changed all to be sure for new owner.I also paid for the metal brake pipes to be replaced on Hartech advice.think this has cost @1500 but will now for sure when bill lands :eek:

UPDATE

Car has now been mapped and run on the dyno for power run.It's also gotten some miles out on it by Hartech and first oil change

Power results on the car before it's loosened up are impressive,

357bhp and 321 Torques , wait till it loosens out with 5000 miles plus on it 😉

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back