Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Guards Red 991.2 Turbo S

fabulous car congrats.
I love the noise of mine, its not trying to be a NA engine and has a character of its own but I can understand where you are coming from (I have the GT4 for noise :) )

I have noticed that if you drive the car hard , the pops and turbo noise seem to get louder

how does fitting aftermarket exhaust impact the values of these?

It may effect the values if you go to sell them with the after market system on, best thing to do is keep the stock system and either replace it before selling the car or sell the stock system along with the car.
OPC won't warrant a car with an after market system on, so that means you won't be able to fit one whilst you have an OPC warranty on the vehicle.

Your 60-130mph one second faster than our stock cab and 0-300kph a little slower actually but so many variables I think on a smooth runway you'd be much faster here too. Your quarter and half mile times much faster too. We are 10.6 at 133mph and 16 secs at 163mph respectively. Our 0-100mph is 6.1 secs. What was amazing all these stats remained pretty constant circa 20- 30 back to back runs :worship:

Here are the runs on the stock car same day same runway.

Ignore the 0-60 and 1/4 ET as I didnt launch but this has little effect on half mile and 1 mile speeds. No 300kph as it only hit 174mph in the mile.

Impressive gains Rick

Your 0-100mph after tune really speaks for itself. I doubt a 991 GT2 RS would live with you for reference real world.

So I think circa 740bhp at crank or 750PS ish?

:worship:

So so much has happened since last posting, but I've been so busy looking after other people's Porsche's that I haven't had time to update.

Power is unchanged, but we have a few cosmetic and other mods.

OZ Superforgiatta ultra light weight wheels with Cup 2's, EIbach lowering springs and a DSC Sport controller with Unicorn Motor Developments spec geo.

It's not done too many miles, but plenty of Ring laps and a couple of runway events. A few pics below:

Rick

That is a good looking car

In that £100k+ bracket forget the 992, as I’ve always been saying get a 991.2 Turbo S as it will have everything on its spec 👍🏻

Thank you.

Yes the 992 is a difficult car to desire to change to as it is just so big. Designed for hybridization which will add a crap load of weight. Not really what i want in my sports car :(

The 992.2 looks to be hybrid, and so the 991.2 could be the ultimate modern 911. The sad thing is it will get old and there won't be anything new to replace it with that doesn't have 300kg of battery.

I think 991 is peak 911 turbo. The 992 whilst lovely doesn't float my boat with all its computer screens, poor interior quality and awkward user interface. 991 is built so well by comparison. How quick did the 992 turbo s run? Where do you rate power on yours Rick?

Hopefully see you there later this year with 997 and 991 ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back