Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS ride height / bumper query

millby

My question stems from ride height of the 991.1 GTS and potential issue for getting up/onto a driveway.

I believe the GTS comes as standard -10mm vs carrera/s and the front bumper is also a different design which has a lower lip.

Is the carrera/s front bumper interchangeable with the GTS one?

And is it easy enough to change the springs on a GTS to standard carrera/s ones (+10mm), without impacting handling / ride quality?

How steep is the driveway in question, our driveway is reasonably steep and I don’t have any issue with my 991.1 Turbo S either driving straight up or even reversing out.

Sports suspension (20mm lower than standard) was a cost option on the Coupe GTS 991.1
So ride height is the same as on the standard S models
Clearance at the front is slightly lower due to the lip spoiler, but not significantly over my previous S model. I've yet to catch it on a speed hump for example...

it's the GTS lip that is the issue

no need to change the bumper, slow and at an angle, there is always a way !

would need to see a pic of the enterance

Oddly enough, those GTS in black ABS are no longer available. What’s up with that? Primer only is the only option now. :(

Oddly enough, those GTS in black ABS are no longer available. What’s up with that? Primer only is the only option now. :(
i don't know why Porsche do this, to torture owners with the stress of a painted front spoiler which is completely wrong !

i don't know why Porsche do this, to torture owners with the stress of a painted front spoiler which is completely wrong !
Supposedly there is rattle can made by SEM that will result in an almost identical finish. I guess that’s OK and if you bang it up you could then use filler and sand and rattle can. Weird decision by Porsche in my opinion.

Supposedly there is rattle can made by SEM that will result in an almost identical finish. I guess that’s OK and if you bang it up you could then use filler and sand and rattle can. Weird decision by Porsche in my opinion.
flexible rubber is the only option

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back