Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For Sale 991.2 Litchfield handling package new never fitted for sale

Car, parts, accessories, number plates and all sorts for sale.

backitoff

Silverstone
I bought this kit direct from Litchfield for my 991.2 Carrera T, after reading all the rave reviews about it. Due to poor health, I never got around to fitting it, and have now sold the car.

The KW HAS that comes with it is part number 25371043. It will fit other models but not those with front lift. The box states suitable for.
Carrera 2/4/S/GTS
Targa
4/4S/GTS
The fitment list is on the KW web site.

The kit consists of;
Kw height adjustable spring set.
Elephant racing castor bush adjusters
Elephant racing 7mm wheel spacers
Elephant racing 7mm extended wheel bolts.
All of the items are really top quality components, and Litchfield developed this kit using their own 991.2 T. The spring rates are unique to Litchfield specifications, and the results are a transformation to the standard suspension, which is already really good in my view. I would recommend doing a search for Litchfield Carrera T handling package.

All items are brand new and in original boxes etc. (I did trial fit the front wheel spacers to see how they looked)

The invoice image shows I paid £1795 for the kit. I’m selling for £1550.

07875 004454

Attachments

• 20230826_121443.jpeg
    20230826_121443.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230826_121450.jpeg
    20230826_121450.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230826_121458.jpeg
    20230826_121458.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231006_122317.jpeg
    20231006_122317.jpeg
    846.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1225.jpeg
    IMG_1225.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1224.jpeg
    IMG_1224.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I've sent you a DM

I know another company doing a system they call Hybrid for the Porsche 9991 and 718 platform meant to be better comfort and performance over OE company called MSS.

Would like to know what your ride comfort is like I have a 991.2 C4 GTS ready to be lowed I have reached out to the company to see if I can be a tester :0)

I know another company doing a system they call Hybrid for the Porsche 9991 and 718 platform meant to be better comfort and performance over OE company called MSS.

Would like to know what your ride comfort is like I have a 991.2 C4 GTS ready to be lowed I have reached out to the company to see if I can be a tester :0)
Where are these made ? i do not know, more info would be useful on this, as they look like helper springs but may not be?

for quality german suspension parts check out https://www.design911.co.uk/porsche/porsche-991-mkii-2016/performance-suspension/

Well I do know where they are made..Eibach make their springs like 70% of the companies powerflex make their PU seats and all CNC parts made in the UK

when looking a little deep I also found out that they make the springs for Shelby Mustangs GT500 2022 to 2023 cars have their springs on them and their current have a kit out for the GT3 & 2.

So let’s see how I get on
wouldn't get too excited as they only sell shocks and springs but made where i do not know

for quality german suspension parts check out https://www.design911.co.uk/porsche/porsche-991-mkii-2016/performance-suspension/
ll

I went for Litchfield because they had a 991.2 T brand new and used it for development. Not only for tuning, but also the handling package. From what I could glean, the spring rates were made by KW, specific to Litchfield's requirements.
Ride quality was a major factor for me, and when I questioned them about it, they were emphatic that the ride quality is actually improved. Added to that, all of the credible road tests I read, did nothing but sing the praises of the handling package. None of them mentioned a detrimental effect on the ride quality.

I feel like I did enough pre purchase research on this, having put coilovers and spring etc on quite a few cars over the years. Some good, but some bad, and even some absolute s**e ones.

For me, they were the best available, to suit my requirement especially having the option to tailor the ride height to my liking.

Well I do know where they are made..Eibach make their springs like 70% of the companies powerflex make their PU seats and all CNC parts made in the UK

when looking a little deep I also found out that they make the springs for Shelby Mustangs GT500 2022 to 2023 cars have their springs on them and their current have a kit out for the GT3 & 2.

So let’s see how I get on

ll

I went for Litchfield because they had a 991.2 T brand new and used it for development. Not only for tuning, but also the handling package. From what I could glean, the spring rates were made by KW, specific to Litchfield's requirements.
Ride quality was a major factor for me, and when I questioned them about it, they were emphatic that the ride quality is actually improved. Added to that, all of the credible road tests I read, did nothing but sing the praises of the handling package. None of them mentioned a detrimental effect on the ride quality.

I feel like I did enough pre purchase research on this, having put coilovers and spring etc on quite a few cars over the years. Some good, but some bad, and even some absolute s**e ones.

For me, they were the best available, to suit my requirement especially having the option to tailor the ride height to my liking.
I hear that the development process is very important when I checked them out they also buy the car in and do the work and run the cars for 12-18months they are currently doing development on a Lambo Hurricane they have had it for 12 months now too and that's a serious commitment also their promise is Comfort - Performance and Safety those 3 words got me and on the other models they have kits for no one questions their comfort claims so I will give them a try I am sure in the near future Design911 will be selling their kits…991 are such nice cars I have a GTS and don't want to lower the car more than 10-15mm and all the MSS kits are fully adjustable and allow the car to go but to stock height unless you go for coil overs, not many offer that solution…ill give it a go and let you know I have been doing this for over 20years and in the last 12years never go wrong so let's hope I am right ☺️☺️☺️🫡

Last edited:
wouldn't get too excited as they only sell shocks and springs but made where i do not know

I'm excited to share my recent experience with the MSS Automotive team and their innovative MSS Hybrid kit. They've been testing it on their car, but I've had the opportunity to use my car as the prototype for real-world testing. I recently visited their facility in Portsmouth, and I have some initial thoughts to share.

The team at MSS Automotive in Portsmouth was incredibly welcoming and made the entire process smooth, even though it took most of the day. I'm pleased to report that I'm quite satisfied with the results. I was initially cautious about lowering my car too much, given that I own a GTS, which is already relatively low. However, when pushing the car hard, I found that the rear end had a tendency to move around more than I preferred.

Enter the MSS Hybrid kit. It strikes a great balance between comfort and performance, which is precisely what I was looking for. Although I've only put 300 miles on it so far, I'm feeling positive about its performance. Of course, more testing is needed before I can declare unbridled joy, but my initial impression is quite favourable.

The name "Hybrid" is aptly chosen because it sits between MSS Automotive's standard kit and their coilover solution. It features a double-rate and stack setup on the front and a triple-rate stack on the rear, providing that unique combination of comfort and performance. Unlike many lowering options, it doesn't compromise on shock travel.

I'll continue to provide feedback as the weeks go by, but for now, I wanted to share a picture of my car with the MSS Hybrid kit

Attachments

• mss hybrid -4.jpg
    mss hybrid -4.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8114.jpeg
    IMG_8114.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8119.jpeg
    IMG_8119.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8122.jpeg
    IMG_8122.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8117.jpeg
    IMG_8117.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8123.jpeg
    IMG_8123.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Enter the MSS Hybrid kit. It strikes a great balance between comfort and performance, which is precisely what I was looking for. Although I've only put 300 miles on it so far, I'm feeling positive about its performance. Of course, more testing is needed before I can declare unbridled joy, but my initial impression is quite favourable.

The name "Hybrid" is aptly chosen because it sits between MSS Automotive's standard kit and their coilover solution. It features a double-rate and stack setup on the front and a triple-rate stack on the rear, providing that unique combination of comfort and performance. Unlike many lowering options, it doesn't compromise on shock travel.

I'll continue to provide feedback as the weeks go by, but for now, I wanted to share a picture of my car with the MSS Hybrid kit
Interesting solution, as I did look them up as i can see that's it's more than just a helper spring but dual springs
be good to get more of your feedback on this solution

Which shocks are you running ? and does it still work with your PASM shock system ?

Last edited:
Interesting solution, as I did look them up as i can see that's it's more than just a helper spring but dual springs
be good to get more of your feedback on this solution

Which shocks are you running ? and does it still work with your PASM shock system ?
Thats right the black spring is two springs merged together most use a helper they use a tender really a great solution...I was also told that most of the 3rd party Porsche resellers will be stocking them when they are officially launched they have kits on the markets for the GT2 & 3 thats why I said yes :0)

Thats right the black spring is two springs merged together most use a helper they use a tender really a great solution...I was also told that most of the 3rd party Porsche resellers will be stocking them when they are officially launched they have kits on the markets for the GT2 & 3 thats why I said yes :0)
to be honest @C39KER I'm not interested in their sales pitch for this product, rather the set up on your car and your experience

to be honest @C39KER I'm not interested in their sales pitch for this product, rather the set up on your car and your experience

It's not a sales patch its was what others are saying about the Hybrid on other models M2 g87

And BMW G81; Matt Wattsons

They all talk about how the car is more comfortable over stock I read a lot about them before I took my car down I don't put foolishness on my car so I listen to what all people say and on this product, they and people are saying the same thing and now I get a chance to collaborate that so let see how this one goes they say it should settle after around 2000miles and by then the PSM should have adapted to the new setup.

what are we talking about in terms of costs ?

2000 miles to settle ? that seems quite excessive.... do you mean 200 ?

what are we talking about in terms of costs ?

2000 miles to settle ? that seems quite excessive.... do you mean 200 ?

Settle in full but you start seeing/feeling the difference right away they offer a lifetime warranty and I think they can do that because they use the highest-grade steel thats why you don't get sagging and the springs take a period of time to settle thats why unto 2000miles

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back