Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 - Potential Purchase

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 15 November 2006
is it worth getting one of them
i agree with your statement re the 52 to 55, do you think the Opc is the place to get one of them

Personally I think most OPC's are close to devil's spawn on the DNA tree :evil:
Noteable exception has been Bournmouth who went out of their way to help - even though I didn't buy through them.

OPC's will only carry a 996GT3 'opportunisticaly' - i.e.: if they can turn £10k on it - so buy private and save ££££'s

Mine came from a really nice guy - third owner (first did 100 miles then took overs, second 1,200 miles then needed to sell) with 5,000 on the clock - serviced annually (as I like them) needing nothing (apart from the front roll cage €600 from Gert at Carnewall) and never, ever, ever had paint - went all over it with the paint depth guage and totally uniform. Un-marked wheels, sticker under the bonnet, absolutely mint.

She's an '04 Clubsport with literonic and paid £52,000 after a bit of haggling - about four months ago.

OPC had older, higher mileage car for £58,000 :eek:

They're out there - but they take some sniffing out

Philip :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90368

i am on the hunt like u wouldnt believe

how much a paint depth thingi cost?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90378

Philip - does your car have Aircon?

Anyone know about the seal grey gt3 then on AT?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90417

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 15 November 2006
Philip - does your car have Aircon?

Yes - Guards Clubsport, body colour centre console (nice :wink: ), aircon, litronic, steels (no PCCB).

If I was going to forego aircon, I'd have stumped up the extra for an RS - but I use the GT3 as a road car only - I've another for trackwork :wink:

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90450

Sent you a pm this am Steve, didn't realise you had to decide last night as I wasn't on PC after work.

Good luck if you decide to go and have a look at it and might be worth getting in touch with Ross Hutchison at Edinburgh OPC for details.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90452

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 15 November 2006
how much a paint depth thingi cost?

Sadly about £800 - I got mine through a friend - if the car you're looking at is up North, I'd be happy to pop along and go over it for you?

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90457

thanks for the offer,

would i be surprised if i used it, at how many cars had paing?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90461

Decided against the seal grey gt3 as no aircon. Looked at a 2003 Gt3 at silverstone today as we were up at the in-laws but too steep at 58k!! How can an older car with AC and similar miles be 10k more?

Anyway, red one is gone too! Will have a good think now. They were suggesting a Cayman but I really am thinking gt3!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90544

wait 12 months, I will be one probably getting a 997 GT3, sure there will be a few more good'uns around then!

mind you I could sell now, stick it all in Apple shares, and buy a nw Gt3 in 6 months.... now theres a thought!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90563

Just heard of a black 04 GT3, 5 owners and 23k miles. Worth a look or too many owners (not something that bothers me)... Just had a service.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90683

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 16 November 2006

Just heard of a black 04 GT3, 5 owners and 23k miles. Worth a look or too many owners (not something that bothers me)... Just had a service.
5 owners in 2 years would worry me, but then I'm not the one buying.

Tara has had 7 in 17, nearly 18 years....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90684

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 16 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 16 November 2006

5 owners in 2 years would worry me, but then I'm not the one buying.

Tara has had 7 in 17, nearly 18 years....

911's have lots of owners, I'm actually the 5th owner of mine ! and that's after just 3 years, so for a GT3 it isn't that bad.... just needs the proper service history

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90688

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 16 November 2006

...just needs the proper service history
[/quote:h9O6WYFOic]
Amen!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90696

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member