Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going from double din to single din

markh1

Monza
Chaps,

I am contemplating doing the centre console delete as my knee rubs on that lower part and I also much prefer the looks with no lower console!

I currently have a modern kenwood double din car play unit that the previous owner fitted and the car has the factory bose system with the sub in the back (previous owner removed CD changer)

Thinking of getting a fairly basic orange backlit single din head unit with an aux in but I don't know what the requirements are to make the sub and speakers work adequately. Is there a separate amp in the bose system somewhere? What sort of wattage do I need to look for on the headunit?

My other potential thought is to relocate the climate controls somewhere like into the glovebox as I just tend to have the temp set and left on auto. I could then leave the double din where it is.

I have a nice Kenwood single DIN unit which does the job well. I dont think you have to get right wattage from the headunit... any decent modern unit will be fine.

The fact that your car already has an aftermarket double DIN unit installed indicates that hopefully installing the single DIN unit should be plain sailing as the MOST bypass will already have been done.

You may have to order some parts to enable the single DIN unit to fit.

If you want something more OE, there is a Porsche PCCM single DIN unit with Carplay etc. Not cheap though, naturally...

Thanks Robert that's good to hear!

Yes the Porsche Single Din Pccm unit looks very nice however the stereo gets minimal use so it would be a complete waste of money.

I would need to get the support frame for the single din unit but looks like I need to buy the whole surround including air vents like the part below, is that correct?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28418758...9AYsm5IZMpNKM%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBM-J-Lkapf

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back