Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Friends Green Porsche - Bad Experience now Resolved, but...

Pip1968 said:
Much like PeterS I too was expecting a completely different story following on from the title - loss of control/traction perhaps whilst out in an usual colour of Porsche :D .

I read the first couple of pages and then the last few as in a short time the post had turned into War and Peace . Anyway I think we should all move on. Nothing to see here :wink: .

FGP was perhaps wrong in not offering a full refund but I can also understand his position if they had both agreed to get the work done. Legally I have no idea where each stands or stood but perhaps £250 was a fair amount to lose because you changed your mind. Fools rush in and all that.....

Anyway the last couple of pages read like a pack of hyena. FGP has been taken down and everyone dives in. Schadenfreude is not an attractive trait and perhaps the moderators should take the thread down pending the outcome or at least lock it.

Just my opinion of course.

Pip

But the weather is ***** and there is nothing else to do on here :?:

How do those that so gleefully set out to destroy this man know whether he was mentally fragile or not?

At the end of the day he was no criminal and has feelings. :nooo:

I'm sure he has feelings, unfortunately guilt was not one of them :nooo:

I think we where more concerned over the feelings of the buyer :?:

Its human nature, don't stress about it too much :thumb:

I think your post before last said it all

A callous indifference

But hey, i know it wont worry you

FZP said:
MaxA said:
I don't see a pack of hyenas. On other fora, this would not have ended so well.

I really hope that the lessons are learned here: you need to check the car out properly, you need to do all your homework, and you need to stand by what you say.

I'm looking forward to the OPs new car thread.
Max
I'm with you. The take away I get from this whole episode is that you need to do your due diligence on the car and the dealer. I know the dealer feels hard done by but to play with top marques you're going to need to lift your game as so that it's beyond reproach. Hopefully he takes note, does lift his vision to be longer term so that he can be a trusted advisor in the Porsche community in the future. If he does t well then it's safe to say he won't have a future.
People's opinions have a lifespan...the internet is for ever

To add, the reason why I stick my neck out time and time again on such 'reviews' is to ensure our Porsche community benefits from these situations. Yes this all does take a considerable time for the site as well.

Having said that FGP doesn't fall into the category of a Hendo Bordo Rabo Yorkshiro and anyone due for ethics therapy.

As for the current situation, the arrangement entered in is for FGP to return the deposit to the OP, not for it to be a condition of that all content in relation to this thread be removed, which is 'Extortion' and here is the policy on this Review Policy & Guidelines written in December 2015.

The Terms & Conditions are very clear, whoch is why we also have a complete thread on Dealing with Reviews, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Just refund the OP's deposit, as you have agreed.

Extortion Policy

Reviews are a way for users to share their experiences with the community. Any attempt to use reviews to force a user to do something they aren't obligated to do is a misuse of reviews, and we don't allow it.

This also means that:

-Users are not allowed to threaten to use reviews or ratings in an attempt to force a host to provide refunds, additional compensation, or a reciprocal positive review.

-Businesses are not allowed to require a user to leave a positive review or rating, or to revise a review in exchange for a partial or full refund, or reciprocal review. The business also cannot offer a free or discounted provision of service in exchange for a user revising an existing review.

-If a user contacts a host with a problem, the host should make every effort to resolve it. The business can't ask the guest to take specific actions related to a review in exchange for the resolution of the problem. After the issue is fixed, a business may ask the guest to leave a positive review or rating. A business may also ask a user to 'revise' a negative review provided certain time constraints are met.

Whether you're a user or business , make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, your account may be restricted, suspended, or terminated. By posting a review, you agree to follow the 911uk Site Rules (guidelines and policies) that 911uk may enforce at our sole discretion

Add face palm emoji....

Palladium said:
How do those that so gleefully set out to destroy this man know whether he was mentally fragile or not?

At the end of the day he was no criminal and has feelings. :nooo:

Depend so what you class as criminal? End of the day the guy advertises a vehicle as perfect, it isn't (buts let's face it it isn't going to be, it's a used car) when an issue is highlighted the trader actually does nothing wrong and moves to fix it.

However and it's a big big However the buyer has second thoughts, it's his dream car afterall, plenty more out there, and he decides against this one.

At which point the trader tries to keep half the deposit, I and most others on here are still trying to work out why, at best it's dishonest?

The business is registered as Friends Green Porsche (sorry Porscha) Ltd? Yet he's says he's a sole trader? Check out the rules on business names for a sole trader, he cannot continue to trade under that name if no longer a Ltd company. He is also very vulnerable surely with a second hand car business as a sole trader? Still trying to work out why you would do that?

Ah I get it it's never been Friends Green Porscha Ltd? Always just friends green Porsche? :?:

I've just read every page of this, & very early on I was saying in my head just call it quits & give him the money back, just not worth the hassle,
sorry.
Glad its kind of sorted, if it was my business I would have said what do you want & nipped it in the bud, plus the internet is a bit of a lynch mob scenario so feel a bit sorry for both party's. :?:

More importantly , I spent ages googling and still have no idea what 911Towers meant by

Hendo Bordo Rabo Yorkshiro :dont know: its stupmed me :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
More importantly , I spent ages googling and still have no idea what 911Towers meant by

It's Ernst 911uk Blofeld's way of keeping under the Google radar when the aforementioned names are searched for by the charlatans.

(and no....not The Charlatans)

Just my 2p worth..

I only read the first three & last couple of pages on this & like some others, I only clicked on it wondering if it was regarding a problem with the OP's friends car.

Anyway, I try to see both sides of the story but having been at the side where a deposit was paid based on issues being resolved, I am biased on the OP's side.

I do think that posts like these & the reach of the internet are a good thing & should help improve business practices all round in the end.
I don't see this forum as a pack of Hyenas. Merely a close-knit group looking out for each other.
The bottom line being that any unscrupulous dealers out there will be found out pretty quickly & maybe have their hands forced to up their game.

I just spent the last hour reading the whole thread. The stubbornness of the vendor is amazing ! Glad it appears to have come to the correct result now.

alex yates said:
Phil 997 said:

It's Ernst 911uk Blofeld's way of keeping under the Google radar when the aforementioned names are searched for by the charlatans.

(and no....not The Charlatans)
<cough>
Erm... surely you mean Charlatanos?

Sadly, of the above alluded to dealers, it's nowhere near simple enough for innocent punters to avoid. Much as we all praise the dealers that go the extra mile and elicit our trust, time and again, it's not easy for people to discover the pitfalls.

Full marks to 911uk for not capitulating too often or too soon in this regard.

I too have just found this thread and spent the first 6 pages waiting for FGP to hold their hands up, apologise and try and get out of it with some form of dignity and try and save his business's reputation.

By digging his feet into a situation he was never going to win - either within the forum or in court, he has done severe damage to his reputation (if he ever had one) and I doubt anyone who has read this would EVER buy a car from him or indeed recommend him.

So, maybe a digression to this thread - who would buy a car from FGP whilst this individual is the owner/director?

Me? Not if it was the only dealer in the country.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back